What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

BTW the Jump Desktop app for mobile trading is amazing.

Best I have seen yet by far!!!

oh ICT, why must you torture us :smiley:

Hey investor X…not sure what ICT will suggest, but personally reading 'Trading in the Zone" by Mark Douglas helped me out a lot with the psychological side of things. In fact, it’s been and I think I will read it again now.

BTW, what a great thread this is. So much to learn and I am just getting started :confused:

I have been using “Team Viewer” for droid for the past couple months. Will take a look at Jump as well though!

HAH then this shows how needy I am; taking what others say out of context just to fit my emotions haha. I need the product I am starting to shake.

Hey guys I was looking at my charts tonight and I noticed this. Tell me what you think. Sorry about the small size pictures. Babypips wont let me link to high resolution pictures yet.

First picture is the cable with an OTE on 5500 figure. 5500 has been a long term S/R and it also lines up with the S2 pivot.

The fiber with the same OTE on 3280 which has acted as S/R. The 138% fib extension from the OTE on the fiber today is within 15 pips of the 3280 OTE. The S2 pivot also lines up.

Hey guys,

JUst saw this set up on the fiber. Unfortunately I get home from work just after london opens so im usually looking at these things in hindsight. But saw this and remembered ICT’s london open set up that he posted not long ago.

Looks identical to me!

Hey Piptronix, its the 15min timeframe. Everything worked out and i banked some serious pips! Have a look!

hi ict and all

looks like today u might b doing overlay of london picture, LO sell instead, OTE buy…lets c how they top out

Awesomistic!!!

I just feel likes its in that leave it alone zone. The SMT divergence trade on the fibre would have been pretty good, it just touched down on the lower oversold TT line. The middle is where you get hurt, just trying to put that out there, no need to trade every session.

I am in E/U at 3363 long.
Lets see what happens. (and now at work, so I am at the mercy of the trade else, it looks like I was up 20 pips at one time - I probably would have taken 1/2 off and moved stop to 20 pips - for a free try, but oh well cannot change it now)

I was leary of trading yesterday and today, as it seems were just sitting and spinning on a daily timeframe - so no CLEAR diretion right at the moment. (maybe a fella should just not be trading at this time?)

Does anyone know whats happened to Forexmas?

Sitting out today’s trading. Couldn’t get a feel for the direction or which way the market wanted to go.

Market structure is bearish on GU and EU…but I am expecting a low to form and a run higher due to the COT commericals being at extreme 12 month highs and seasonality concerns.

Going into NYO…felt like today was a ranging day. Saw no setups that really peaked my interest to go long or short on the right side of the pivot point (sell zone/buy zone). That’s one of my filters on raging days…trade in the zone.

So sitting out today.

But, when evaluating the market…looking at the 4 hour SMT…Also have simultaneous bullish/bearish divergence.

Definately waiting for a signal on direction before entering any new trades (I do have my position trade open from yesterday. Hit my single…S/L is at break even. So letting it run to see if I get the drop. But I’m risk free on the trade now).

Given the market indecision…if it decides to go lower…I have my position trade to profit.

If it decides to go higher, I will stop for a 50% profit on initial entry (closed 50% at 30 pips) and look for new setups.

Just don’t see anything appealing to scale in more on the rade down.

Take this for what it’s worth…but the market on the G/U just broke bearish. In my read, we got a confirmation of a bearish market structure and trades longer than scalps should look bearish.

See image with ITL, ITH, LTH, and LTL highlighted from my 4 hour chart.

The GU just broke the ITL.

We may see a retrace…but I think we got confirmation to be short just now.

GU is down to 1.5565. My “double” closes out at the institution 1.5520 which is the next swign point low…only 45 more pips to let the trade mature.

Good call Phenex!!!

I’m still in with 25% of my position. I made an error setting up the EA to manage the trade on my computer at home. I entered the trade at work and closed the first half at 50%. When I went home and shut down my work computer, I took note of my TP level to enter into the EA at home so I could set and forget (my work laptop is off at night). When I entered the levels, it saw my TP1 level hit (30 pips) and closed half the position that was left right away (which was 50% of the original). So I only have 25% of the original risk in the trade, but manageing it by the same exit points. Unfortunatly, my R/R is lowered…

So my exits so far…

50% at 30 pips. (intentional)

25% at 64 pips (oops)

25% left…

exits are 1.5520, 1.5450 and 1.4980.

I’m pretty close to moving my S/l to above the high from yesterday to the 1.5750 level.

See image

I have 2 fibs drawn. The fib with the short lines (about 1/3rd of the way from the right edge) is the fib used for entry into the trade.

The second fib with lines extending to the right edge is the ITH established on 11/30 to the low just established. A S/L in the 1.5750 range locks in 47 pips for me on the remaining trade. This SL level is above the 78% retracement level which could be a retrace to give an OTE signal for using the ITH as an anchor. The SL level is above yesterday’s high and above the train tracks that were established. Probablitiy is telling me that if price goes back up there, I might have a trade that isn’t going to run down like I’m hoping.

Maybe a forexmas gift will be covering the topic of moving stops for longer term trades to allow time for it to mature, but know when it run it’s course. (admittedly…I haven’t watched the 2nd webinar yet, so ICT may have covered strategies for this).

I suspect no trading or presents on NFP Friday, combined with a hearty lesson in patience.

I’m itching to see what is coming out of ICT Claus’ present sack!

Popinjay – Thanks for the recommendation. I will check it out this week.

Below is the original ICT Buy Day Template with a few notes added in case anyone was interested in printing screen shot pdf.

Buy Day Template 1.pdf (23.8 KB)

Hey mate

Any chance you can upload that SMT indicator or direct me to where you got that from?

Cheers

[QUOTE=gbl83;300000]Hey mate

Any chance you can upload that SMT indicator or direct me to where you got that from?

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Here you go…