What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

I entered BUY at 1.3908 EurUsd it is now 1.3955

arasheed

Just hit my limit… sidelined. Crazy day… but profitable.

Long 1.3865 limited out last portion 1.3965

30% off @ 1.3900
30% off @ 139.40
remainder off at 1.3965

Sweet swing after a modest London haul of 23 pips… Im done for the week Ladies & Gents…

GLGT :cool:

This is cool, I wanted to trade the same setup during NY after London morning short, but had some meeting. Almost the same levels. Unbelievable.

Thanks ICT. I’m looking forward to see more stuff from your arsenal. I’m sure You have much more to share and teach…

I didn’t trade that set up figuring the market flow was indecisive or more bearish, so I decided to opt out.
How did you decide to take the long instead of the short? Because there was an OTE to go short as well at 12:00pm GMT

I went long on GU during the London Open at 1.6113 on the first big red candle to the right of the red up arrow. Confluence of 79% retracement, Daily M2, and the Asia low. Price was in the buy zone. Stop loss was set below the Asia low and got hit for -18 pips.

Tonight’s PTC… :wink:

Look at your 4h hint, hint… nudge, nudge lol

Yea I was in the chat room and went long twice and managed to BE initially… then bagged 23 pips on the second long but got tagged for BE on second long… can’t catch em’ all.

Keep practicing and following the setups… we will lose eventually… prepare for it.

GLGT

Hi ICT, what time are you in the chat room please? And do you mean a Baby Pips one rather than your blog site?

Just taking a quick look at your chart… I think you’ve got your fib wrong? You are measuring putting the fib on a downtrend… so it should be the other way around, I believe… (0.0 at the bottom, and 100.0 at the top.

I was going to mention that in tonights video… good eye Clark.

Not judging Newbietrader… we just want you to do it correctly. :wink:

GLGT

If I do pop in… usually at or just before 1am New York time.

Babypips chat room, yes. There were a few folks in there last night… was cool. :35:

Thanks ICT, looking forward to tonight’s PTC. =)

Regards,
Clark

Couldn’t get into the room this morning for some reason, tells me server not responding - better luck tomorrow!!

Today London Session: I took EU short from 3985 (M15 market flow changed to short during first 2 hours + OTE zone + 80 level + MR1 + R1 from yesterday).

Let’s see. Picture is here: http://www.mantafx.com/pics/ict_eu_11-03-16.gif

EDIT:
SL moved to BE when price hit 0.0 level (3958).
1st target 1.3949 hit +36 pips. (1.27 ext. + pivot + 50 level)
Remaining 50% closed at 2nd target 1.3918 for 67 pips. (MS1 + 100% ext. + 20 level).

Guys, I’m newbie here in this forum. What’s the difference between Thread and Groups?

ICT I just wanted to take a moment and say great thread. I haven’t visited in a while and I just noticed the video commentary from your pro trader group. Excellent!!! I really enjoy your methodical approach and i think it is commendable that you spend so much time and effort, and you charge nothing :smiley:

Thanks for doing that for us.

Hi guys,

I know I'm a little slow on this (in fact, i think I'm one of the slowest learner in this thread), but just wanna pop a quick question on the latest PTC video. On the London open session for fiber, ICT mentioned one of our friend (alan) took a short trade there. I saw the OTE set-up for the trade, but whats bugging me is, the area was in the buy zone. Can anyone point out what I'm missing here? 

Regards,
p0w

P.S On a side note, i really envy you guys for being able to actively participate in this thread. The nature of my work renders me unable to have internet access for most of the weekdays (except Wednesday night GMT+8), i can only go through all the PTC videos on weekends. So its really kinda frustrating to be unable to try and apply what i learn in realtime.

P.S.S All this will be different once college starts in August yay!

I took GU short from 6100, better entry would be probably 6105 or 6110, but this broker has minimal distance 10 pips and I spotted the opportunity late. (M15 market flow changed to short during London session + OTE zone + 100 level + MR1 + pivot from yesterday + H4 and D1 flow is short).
Targets are MS1 and S1.

Let’s see :rolleyes: Picture is here: http://www.mantafx.com/pics/ict_gu_11-03-16.gif

EDIT:
SL to BE. Price broke 0.0 level (6052).
50% out at 1st target (6025) +75pips. It should be 6020, but I realized that I had wrong pivots by 1 hour. I was playing with it and forgot to put it back to EST midnight :eek: 2nd target adjusted to proper S1 5980+spread (also 80 level, ADR low and yesterday’s low).
Huh, 2nd target hit during Asia session exactly at 5980+spread. Another +115 pips.

Thanks ICT.

Hi p0w3rL3s5,

Don’t worry about being slow, it’s not a race. I’ve been at this for years and am still a complete newbie :slight_smile:

Regarding my fiber short, indeed it was in the buy zone, but given that the market flow on the 4 hour timeframe was down, I was content to take a less than optimal setup. A big reason for this was the fairly convincing bounce from the central pivot earlier during asian trade, and the fact that we had retraced back “close enough” to the CPP (in my judgement).

ICT has mentioned in an earlier post, that we are best advised to trade the S/R levels of the pivot, rather than the central pivot itself. This is good advice, and indeed I find my best trades come at those levels. However, I will - from time to time - take less than optimal setups if I feel other factors are in favour strongly enough.

Basically, the long and short of it is: This was not a “textbook” ICT setup, but it happened to pay off for me today.
Hope that helps mate :slight_smile:

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the prompt reply. To be frank I'm still kinda confuse when people refer to market flow on a certain time frame, do u guys determine it by comparing the most recent fractal and the previous fractal that was in the same direction (for eg, recent fractal is low but the previous fractal low was a lower-low, thus market is bullish) or do u guys compare the latest fractal with the previous one (for eg, latest fractal is low, previous fractal is high, thus market flow is going down/bearish)

Regards,
p0w