What Every New or Aspiring FX Trader Wants To Know

Fozzy, I changed histogram to line and now I have lines but it draws multiple lines that I guess would indicate the high and low. How do I get it to draw only one single line?

Got it, thanks Foz

yep, thanks FOZZY, took me a few tries to figure out which one I wanted to be the LINE and which ones to make NONE. Works good though! Do you know if there is a way to offset the pairs some vertical distance?

What resistance/support levels do you guys have? I started with the monthly and only have 3 plotted. Iā€™m sure there has to be more but I just dont see them :eek:

I am not in front of my charts right now, but I only have about 5 I think. He said to only take the obvious levels and donā€™t overthink it. So I didnā€™t study the charts all that long.

I am curious which line we should use on the indicator. I have moved through all the various choices and really donā€™t know which is proper. I wonder if it matters. They all seem to produce pretty close results but I would imagine there would be massive variances on highly volatile days.

I willl respond in questionā€¦

If you have something this simple on just two closely related pairsā€¦ why would you want to look for more pairs to distract you?

Narrow your focus and be proficient with what works and you wonā€™t need to have more on your hands, than youā€™re capable of managing properly. Less really is more folksā€¦ you can make all the money you ever need or want just watching one pair.

New traders think they will miss a major move in another pair if they arenā€™t watching 12 or 15 pairs at once. To which I ask, of those multiple pairs, how many major moves did you capitalize on all the while you monitored them all? :rolleyes:

If this response went over your headā€¦ go all the way to the beginning of this thread. You got lost along the way. :cool:

Yes, Yes, and Yes

The Ever Yes Man VIPER

I trust this response was not received as curtā€¦ but rather simply to say, avoid burdening yourself with so much you wonā€™t be able to know what to do or when to do it.

Hope that makes sense. :slight_smile:

Dear InnerCircleTrader,

Sorry to be a nuisance, I feel a bit dumb asking this question (my apologies for interrupting the flow of this excellent thread).

Could you please elaborate on the following with regard to identifying Directional Bias for dummies:

1. Refer to the market flow of the daily charts ā€“ Is this the current daily trend?.
  2. Daily chart still have flows that could swing higher without being overbought? ā€“ how could this be identified on the daily chart (guess this could be estimated via the MACD)?
  3. If above condition is metā€¦ look for the Daily low to be made in the first 4 hours of new days trading then watch the high unfold based on targets and intraday analysis techniques ā€“ this sounds like a snipe trade.

This thread is top draw, thank you for your excellent work ICT, keep up the good work and will look forward to future posts.

Thanks
Mrgreener

Divergence on the 1h? its a sunday so I wouldnt trade it either way, just wondering if anyone else sees this or not. Price is also right at the 1.5 level.

I believe that ICT waits till 24:00 est to put up his levels and then makes a decision

The Watchful VIPER

This divergence is what I pointed out before. I think there is a bullish bias to the start of the week. But Akeakamai disagrees.

It is refreshing to learn that line charts are being made part of this.

[B][U]@used:[/U][/B]

In Post #616, you spoke of logged dealing ranges which I assume to be the same as fractals or mini-swings acting as filters because their range provides clues as to how price may move.

I would like to ask, could you further elaborate on what are these logged dealing ranges, and what are fractals?

[B][U]@hellogoodbye4201 and all others:[/U][/B]

I ended up having 10 key support/resistance levels, (2 of which are the yearly extremes of price), and I would like to know whether these levels made any sense in the view of others. If they do not, could you please advice me as to the criteria you set for establishing support/resistance lines? I would love to hear a response from ICT, regarding the criteria he uses to plot such lines.

[extreme] 1.4492 (due to activity from Nov 2008 - May 2009)
[extreme] 1.6897

Observe the yearly activity using Line graphs, (on Daily/D1 settings) and please let me know what you guys think :slight_smile:

It is much easier to determine intraday support and resistance levels though.

[B][U]@Everyone else speculating on Mondayā€™s Trade:[/U][/B]

I believe that there is also a bullish bias based on the divergence and have even proceeded to take a long position due to the following:

1. Near psychological whole number (1.5000)
  2. Near my key support of 1.4958
  3. Near previous week low
  4. Divergence observed as previously stated
  5. At the time of writing Stochastics are heading downward hinting to oversold conditions

My only criticism is that I have not waited until midnight to set my pivot points, but at the same time, I do not want to let the divergence play out and let the ship sail before I get on it in time. :slight_smile:

This will be a good learning experience for me, regarding the importance of pivot point confluence when divergence between the currency pairs is observed.

Thanks in advance,
xXTrizzleXx

Its a simple psych level, thats all, no need to wait to plot these, plus, I wouldnt trade tonight anyhow. Sundays have never worked for me and I stopped trading them a long time ago. If I miss a trade then oh well, Iā€™ll catch the next.

Also, on my charts the divergence is no longer there. Take a look at the chart.

You should wait for trades. Donā€™t be too impatient. The trade may not pick up until tomorrow, or it may jump 100 pips as of this writing. Either way, donā€™t increase your risk simply because of being impatient. If you were to miss this trade what would you lose? Nothing. If this trade were to fail, which it might, or might not, what would you lose? Hopefully just 2% or less. From personal experience Iā€™ve stopped trading any trade on sunday. Iā€™ve missed mabye a handful of good trades in over a year, and saved myself thousands by avoiding the trades given on this day. Let the trades come to you. Donā€™t go to them.
A missed trade means nothing, there will always be more setups.

Please keep in mind that Iā€™m focusing on weekly pivot levels, so itā€™s possible I might not even enter till tuesday or wednesday, after a short-term rally. My bias was from a weekly chart for peteā€™s sake :smiley:

You will have time, and it is also a public holiday in Japan today meaning that there wont be a lot of actvity, IMO, till maybe 4 or 5 gmt, then you might have a better idea of direction by then.
They might rise it up to 1.5030to1.5080 (todays asian session cpp) before reversing and then they might break through last weeks low and then retrace and retest last weeks low at which point you might have an ideal opportunity to short, or it might be that last weeks low will hold and you could be right.
If you look at the asian session pivots (5pm,est) then you have a possible target down at 1.4914.

I have to be honest, Iā€™m in two minds about this method. Although some of the insights into the role of pivot points and the influence of the big banks are great, the trades seem to be picking tops and bottoms (I know ICT has responded to this already by calling it buying into support and selling into resistance - but it still makes me a bit skeptical). The last two weeks have been good in that cable has been ranging with some nice tops and bottoms to pick, but I feel there is another side to this which hasnā€™t been explored or explained well yet, and that is what happens when price is consistently breaking out of previous day hi and lows. I personally canā€™t trade this method because they are intra-day, new york session only trades, but I am trying to learn some of the good concepts. Anyway, thatā€™s just my two cents.

With this approach, are weekly pivots calculated from monday 00:00 EST to sunday 23:59 p.m. EST?

Or just the regular ones from sunday to friday :confused: