What happened with JPY on 8th February 2021 around 12:30PM CET timezone?

Hello, I have been struggling to understand the fundamental (economic events) background of currency pairs / forex trading for a while, particularly in case if relevant single currency related info is not on economic calendar in particular day at particular time, e.g. JPY, 8th February 2021, around 12:30PM CET timezone. The JPY got stronger which leads to downtrend on USDJPY. There is nothing around said time on economic calendar(s). I checked Central Banks Events in Xenith/Eikon platform and nothing as well. I really don’t think that two “Eco Watchers Survey” JPY events (Current event, Outlook event), whose results were to be posted at around 6AM CET timezone, would have effect 6+ hours later. Would someone please tell me where and how do I found out, preferably in real time (I’m pretending that current time is not yet 12:30PM 8th Feb), what is the fundamental cause of positive gain on JPY causing to downtrend on USDJPY around said time? I’m trying to search for some JPY news, even doing filtered google search per timing (e.g. last hour or last couple of hours) but cannot find anything. Nothing on said time is on economic calendar. I have seen tens of thousands of such situations where I have absolutely no idea about the fundamental reason why the move happened, if nothing on EC. I tried to check some blogs too (e.g. fxstreet, dailyfx, tradingcharts, etc.) but those are not useful - they only report what is currently happening with the trend and how much up/down it went.

Would highly appreciate your response please.

Wow can you please respond a bit slower? So many replies, I can’t read that fast as new replies are coming. It’s too confusing. One reply at a time only please. Not everyone at the same time.

1 Like

So, this clearly means that you need to spend some more time getting better at your fundamental analysis skills. If you are sure that it is something related to fundamentals, a little more knowledge won’t hurt.