What improved your trading so much that you wish you had done it sooner?

What changes or strategies have you implemented that made a difference in your success? Is there something you wish you had started doing sooner?

2 Likes

The most… I’d say trading with my TP closer than my SL. A “negative” risk to reward.

Then studying quantifiable trading strategies, understanding of odds in relation to trades… Getting faster on calculating “Pot Odds”.

Doing the opposite of what “Babypips School” says to do is a great place to start.

1 Like

Two things that change my trading performance are money management and understanding of market structure. By having this two things, it will stabilize our expectation and perspective about how to make profit from the market.
:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I started to make sure the trades I took followed the trend, no matter what the reason for the entry.

(The only counter trend trades I have taken recently have been short-term impulsive corrections - Smash Days mostly.)

1 Like

Learning how to control and manage my emotions was what helped me the most.

1 Like
1 Like

I started buying lower, really so simple and I am doing better now. It sounds so lacking I know but it does help.

1 Like

Avoiding doubling down or using martingale… and strictly sticking to SL and TP for each position.

1 Like

Switching to a risk management strategy and focusing on high-probability setups made a big difference.

2 Likes

Using stop-loss orders has significantly improved my success.

Don’t you mean fractional instead of negative? The maximum risk to reward is infinite. The minimum risk to reward is zero. I can’t think of an example where this ratio would be negative.

Doing the opposite of what “Babypips School” says to do is a great place to start.

Please refer to one example by lesson number and title where you have successfully decided to do the opposite of what “Babypips School” says to do. People have spent a great deal of time putting that free to use information resource together, and thousands of members have spent tens of thousands of hours reading and taking the quizzes. I think it only right and proper to defend what I believe to be an excellent free resource.

4 Likes

In Babypips it’s called negative RR. Ha. It’s sub-1R.

BP School is great… for the counter party.
I refer to Richard Feynman in the difference in knowing the name of something and knowing something. BP teaches the names and terms but fails in execution of true knowledge in the FX market.
In their prime example, BP shows how easy it is to profit with a 3R trade and win at least 50% of the time. In reality, a 3R (25%) trade has far worse odds than any blackjack game.

1 Like

Feynman

1 Like

In context, from the referred example, Babypips author does warn there are bigger risks.

2 Likes

Babypips Risk Management course:

“Trade with a good risk to reward ratio, your chances of becoming profitable are much greater”

There’s a reason why the owners of Babypips don’t trade, they didn’t understand it. They lost so bad in 2008 that they’ve deleted all their content from the site. Now bots and AI content spread misinformation to new online gamblers with $20 accounts.

I guess it is coding knowledge. Basically I increased speed of making decision, at least this should give me an edge compared to slower (manual traders). In some markets this may give you significant advantage.

For me:

1. Track all trades with written all the reasons why I open a trade and check it once per week or a month.
    What works and what do not.

2. Putting stop losses wider out of the volatility range.

3. Adding to winning trades

4. Trading with the trend, selling lower lows and buying higher highs.

Hope it helps.

What significantly improved my trading was developing a disciplined risk management strategy and sticking to it rigorously. By setting strict stop-loss orders and position sizes, I was able to protect my capital and reduce emotional trading. Additionally, investing time in continuous education and backtesting my strategies provided me with a deeper understanding and confidence in my trading decisions, which I wish I had done sooner.

I wish that I had discovered the Pipsology course sooner. I would today be 6-18 months ahead of my current level of expertise. I am deeply grateful for such an amazing resource. World-class and truly peerless.

1 Like

It’s okay! The important thing is you’ve found it now and it’s making a positive impact on your trading journey.

1 Like