What is the best time frame to trade in?

LOL

Clear as mud now isn’t it?

follow the 30 min chart…

Hi Seraphim (and all who are interested in this thread)!

Honestly, time frames do not really matter; technical analysis has the same analysis for all time frames.

The main difference is the mental affect it has on the trader. The shorter the time frame, the greater challenge is presented through intensity. It is much harder to trade Forex under 1H frames, therefore you should start with 1h/4h and above.

Another note: real trend of can be spotted only in the daily/weekly frames.

Hope this is helpful!
Good Luck and Happy trading to all
-Chris

I prefer the 1h chart because the lower the timeframe is there is more ‘noise’ and more fake signals. I could not trade on a 5min chart. (maybe because I’m still a beginner)

1 Like

This sort of question is like asking which is prettier, blonde or brunette? Who would win, Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather? Or any one of a number of other questions that boil down to personal preference. That is not to knock the OP, not at all, but this is really a question that always has a personal answer. So while the discussion might throw up some insights that make a reader lean more towards one camp than the other, it will not arrive at a clear conclusion.

Some like sex long lasting some like quickie, but to satisfy woman u must know both :slight_smile: Sorted!

Cheers for all the replies the different opinions has helped me out quite a bit ive started using the D1, H4, H1 charts which was the setup babypips recommended and well its working quite well at the moment im not as “on edge” as i was trading the M15 chart and on a plus im actually making money :slight_smile:

using 15mi Time frame and daily Timeframe doesn’t really make since , you will need to watch 4x24=96 Candles all the time and you still won’t know where the next move is , what I do is like this ,

I like short term trades , a few pips aday are enough for “My Living” , so i trade on 30 Mins time frame , however before I make any buy/sell I look at the 4 Hour chart and see if the trend direction on the 4 hour chart suits the one on the 30 , if the 4 hour timeframe shows an UP trend , you don’t want to Sell using the 30 mins trend , only buy when you see a buy signal , how ever if I am in a good mood i use the 15/5 min timeframe as well to make some extra profit based on how succeful my trades are on the 30 mins timerame but if i am not in a good mood I will just jump into a buy or sell , set SL and TP and closes my Etoro platform and only check it after a few hours or else my hair is going WHITE lol

which is a better view of a city. from 30,000 feet up in an airplane? or from street level?

So, the 1hr and 15min don;t make sense but the 4hr and 30min do?

I’d prefer the 250 feet level. :54:

I always liked cruising at about 2000 feet but no matter what altitude it’s still the same buildings and streets down below.

Depending on your style or approach to trading there are a few possible choices…

Weekly and Daily pairing for position trades. Weekly directional bias and Daily as an Entry period.

Daily and 60 minute for Swing Trades. Daily for directional bias and hourly chart for Entry period.

4 Hour and 15 minute for Intraday trades. 4 Hour for directional bias and 15 minute chart for Entry period.

60 minute Chart and 5 minute for Scalps. 60 minute for directional bias and 5 minute chart for Entry period.

On the higher timeframe identify the key Support and Resistance levels. If the market is poised to trade higher on the higher timeframe only look for trades on the lower timeframe at a logical and obvious Support and with whatever timing signal or entry pattern your system calls for. Reverse for shorts.

It’s really that easy. The hard part is waiting for the conditions to present the opportunity. The ideal trades in my experience is based on three timeframes… but the above will serve you well.

GLGT! :57:

What time frame to trade? It will depend on your next expectations:

A. Timing
B. Profit goals
C. Money management and tolerance for losses

I read this from an article for forex exchange or beginners. I myself is also a newbie but all I can say is, we can always refer to the basics when it comes to forex. I think. Hope it helps. :slight_smile:

Thanks tresehabas135. Can you also give us a scenario using that? Thanks in advance.

You’re never a loser until you quit trying.

Very old comment, old thread, but this made me laugh. That depends what you want to see! Can anyone honestly tell me that seeing all the rooftops and layout and roads of a city, is in any way BETTER or WORSE than admiring the granite architecture of a single building up close?

Do whatever you like, use a couple of different views, and enjoy!

It all depends on your expiry time, i have recently moved to trading Forex on a binary system, trading Forex options. I find this allows me to better control the forecast and results. When doing so i always try to trade 15 minutes options and i tend to do that towards the market’s closing hours when there is less activity and therefore more chance of trading in the trend. i found some trading strategies here: What is Binary Options | binary options trading strategies it is very similar to Forex trading with a main difference you only need to predict the direction of a currency pair’s price. I will probably trade both binaries and Forex.

What he said.
Yea i think you should keep track of all frames but the ones below hourly might be pretty useless unless you intend to put in smaller trades a manu (is that how you say it?) by hand while watching but its probably more dangerous. I myself pay most attention to the daily, 4H and 1H but i find myself often staring at a zoomed out weekly and monthly to print some kind of total image in my mind of where its been and what the major levels are. The lower frames are maybe used more for scalping tactics or bots i have no clue of that, they can be pretty deceiving when you just sit there watching them. The more you see about it the more you can get about it. Just, i wouldnt trade only by chart, i would definitely put time in researching the general trend for the pair you want to trade at the very least and in a lot of cases, barring disaster, news events give you a spike but unless its [B]really[/B] severe it tends to trace back more or less to where it was going to continue its trend.
Theres never a 100% in forex, i know that much already, if there were everyone would be a billionaire, people would stop working, currency would get down to nothing because no one was producing and all those billions would be worthless. Constant observation, friend, on as many levels as you can handle with whatever you feel comfortable with i suppose. There’s no one size fits all there

[B]Turn slightly to the question what time frame should be used, that will develop you best as a trader. ?

In other words, what time frame give best advantages to learn how to become a profitable trader?
[/B]

To answer your answer: Daily and weekly are the best time frames to trade with due to the fact that those two times frames has really limited noise. If there is limited or no noise, you’ll become more profitable than a intraday trader due to larger profits.