What is the most important feature you need from your forex broker?

I would go with free and instant withdrawal. Does exness offer that?

I will go for regulation . When a broker is regulated it gives you that sense of security.

Credible regulation. Not some half pass six regulator from some countries that shield their members and let them get away with small fine and not protecting investors.

I totally agree.

No slippage, no requote, fast payment, tight spread.

Tight spreads for me is the most important. And thing missing here is quick order execution. These two things are required for effective scalping and this is what I used for choosing my broker.

Low spread, free deposit, strict regulation, good execution and transparency, fund security.

Trusted and innovative of course! Drashta Capital drashtacapital.com has been managing mine and they’re pretty awesome as they really work hard for me in managing everything.

My criteria:

1. Access to ECN platforms such as Currenex, LavaFX, 360T, IntegralFX
  2. Available glass prices (Level 2)
  3. Only floating spreads!!
  4. No restrictions on trade.
  5. No requotes.
  6. several trading platforms to choose from.
  7. Registration broker in normal country, where there is a law and it works on forex. No offshores!
  8. Serious regulators and licenses.
  9. Period of time on the brokerage market should not be less than 5-7 years, as well as having a good reputation.

Ideal - is forex banks.

The two main criteria I need are honesty and competence.

Specifically, I need them [I][U]really[/U][/I] to be a broker: [B][U]not[/U][/B] a counterparty market-maker who holds the other side of my positions and trades against me, while also holding my deposited funds and making up and enforcing the rules governing all the transactions as well - there’s [I]obviously[/I] no profitable long-term future in trying to “trade” like that.

you also might not get your money back or supported by the government if they go under. … if you could narrow your own spread by putting your price in rather than click and trade would that be interesting?

To be frank, we are somehow living in a world, where every broker claims to make your rich in a day or week, and while trading for so many years, I have learnt this. Your broker shouldn’t be one who makes a profit on high-risk trades. Instead, he/she should have the quality to grow your money like money in the bank, not taking unwanted risks, generating returns on a monthly basis and keeping it intact.

STP/ECN for fast trade execution, fast withdrawals and tight spreads :slight_smile:

I always appreciate the STP/ECN type of brokers with a real market access, fast execution, transparency, low floating spreads and a possibility for positive slippage. Of course other main factor is the reputable regulations and license as otherwise I would not be able to feel secure. The good customer support and the diversity of platform offering could be considered as a bonus.

I think the only thing I expect from my broker right now is to staying true to what they have promised. As it’s too often we see brokers changing their priority or not following their own rules. So if any broker sticks to their own policy that I joined with then I will really feel comfortable with and I think majority feels same way as well, but this is absolutely personal choice and no one can force up anything.

A broker should provide you the best environment to be rich assuming you have the correct strategy and approach to trading the forex market. They can do their best in providing education, daily technical analysis, news reports, custom indicators, etc. Those are tools to better equip you, but definitely not to guarantee you success in the market.:slight_smile:

I’ve had clients who complained that they are losing money with my brokerage, but it’s not because they got slipped or wiped out with volatile spreads, but instead at the core of it their strategy simply didn’t work. Then there are clients who made a lot of money because they had a good scalping strategy and all they needed was an ECN environment with lightning fast execution.

I don’t think a broker should be responsible for helping you get rich, however, they should be responsible for providing you the absolute best environment to get rich if you have the rich approach to trading the markets.

2 Likes

Agree 100% with you on this bro.

2 Likes

A regulated broker with tight spreads (if possible) and no requotes (if possible) seems to be a good solution. Deposit and withdrawal methods are more or less similar for all brokers.

Big Fat Juicy Rebates when trading OPM, comped trips to trading expos, and a bottle of Bookers every once and a while for the added liquidity. Oh yeah and what MEX and bob said also.

The Ever Seeking Alpha VIPER

P.S. And a Marty hoverboard.

I don’t know what to consider but I want a genuine and decent broker, no scam, no requote, they are actually a bridge (with minimal fee), not who fighting against me. I always check FPA many times a broker, more reviews looks more reliable.