What is your motivation?

Curious about the different motivations to pursue such a difficult profession. Please include your first name, age, location, and the title of your motivation. The goal is a master list, making it easier for us to connect with like minded traders. Or find people who don’t think like you if you’re early in your career and are trying to mix up the brainstorming sessions.

Trading takes 5 to 10 years of obsessive development to master. Whatever your motivation, it must mean so much to you that you would agree to sacrifice a decade of your life. Personally, the comfort of financial freedom was not a powerful enough reason to keep me pushing through the tough times of the development phase. My mission evolved into something beyond me.

If the comfort of financial freedom is strong enough to keep you spending all your free time backtesting trading concepts, then you’re set. If you aren’t happy with your drive, you may need to do as I did and explore a new purpose.

John
We don’t count on luck.
The creative process is a, mission oriented, problem solving competition that scales all obstacles.

John 28 New York - High Impact Technology Ventures
tommor (---------------------Pending-----------------------------)
Erick 33 Texas - Financial Independence

Name: John
Motivation: Fund high impact technology ventures, contributing to the advancement of our species.

1 Like

My objective is now to make enough money to be able to expand my range of fun activities - travel, cars, good wine etc.

When I first started out it was to make enough money to retire early - this turned out to be impossible but I did it anyway but without the help of trading. Sometimes you have to use Plan B, so always prepare Plan B before you get deeply into Plan A.

1 Like

Name: Erick
Motivation: The hope of being able to become financially independent by turning my passion for trading into a full time, life long career.

As it stands, I have a long way to go…

My main motivation is financial independence, and I look at forex as an instrument of achieving this goal.

Thanks for sharing. Can you please edit your post to include all the information requested in the OP. Thanks

John
We don’t count on luck.

Why do you want financial independence?

My motivation is being able to gain so much money. If we work with proper way and method, it will help us go far into achieving success. However, if we lack discipline and if we are not approaching things correctly then we could have a lot of problems and then no motivation will be enough to take us far. We just need to be focus on keeping up with discipline, as that’s what will sort out everything and should be our biggest motivation!