What keeps you going after so many loss?

Hi everybody,my name is Esohe,I’m a beginner,have always wanted to do forex for a long didn’t really know how to go about it,I’m glad I’m here.

Lots of things.

1. Winning a trade
  2. Potential of actually being profitable
  3. Being able to generate income on my own without a boss or somebody else’s work
  4. Learning something new and trying to get good at it
  5. Sticking it to the man!

What about you?

2 Likes

Welcooome. :blush: I’m happy you finally decided to really give it a go. :blush: I’ve had quite a lot of losses :sweat_smile: but then again, my mindset is, I try to use these losses as a learning opportunity that would allow me to make the same mistakes. :smiley: And tbh, I’ve prepared myself to lose the money I invest in both crypto and forex, so I am not as stressed out with losses as I used to. :blush:

1 Like

Perseverance.

generally when we make a losses we got frustrated and decided to recover the losses , and for that reason we trade over and over. its a very bad trading habit for losing a whole.

Losing trades are normal and it doesn’t bother me to cut them short. Better to lose small than big. There’s always a better trade awaiting.

1 Like

How many losses are we talking about here?

I think what helps is the idea that no one is coming to help you. No one is going to fix your trading errors for you. This accountability will force you to do what’s necessary to improve your strategy.

Examine your losses, fix them, try again. If necessary, trade minimal lots, even back to demo.

Start here. It’s been around for years.

https://www.babypips.com/learn/forex

1. Process each loss separately. Grieving multiple losses takes time.
  2. Lower your expectations.
  3. Take care of yourself.
  4. Face your pain.
  5. Keep your daily routine.
  6. Be aware of risk factors.

in a nutshell

If you have a proved system that works, then loses are part of the game. And know you may come across a run of 5-8 loses in a row. Just depends on how you trade and your strategy. Sclapers lose more so than a swing trader cause they’re in and out of so many trades. So for them 5-8 loses in a row might not be bad.

So we really we need to know how you trade, have you tested your trading strategy? Before someone could give you a good answer.

Also you better get use to losing and learn to deal with the emotions that come with it and learn how not to let those emotions drive your trading.

But to answer the actual question lol.
I keep going cause I know losing is part of the game, I know over time how I trade works. So I don’t put much weight on any given lost, as long as I took it in my trading strategy and not shooting from the hip.

Yeah this is probably the best way to summarise, if you put the time in to learn you will start winning

Put a big asterisk next to “time”. It’s different for everyone.