What kind of Trader are u?

This is what I was wondering also, Edico.

Can you trade small position sizes (minilots/microlots) with your broker? If not, it might be easier and safer for you to try an account somewhere like Oanda where there’s “infinite granularity” of position-sizing available (i.e. you can have a trade in any size you like from $1 risk upward). Just a suggestion …

The smallest lot size of my broker is 0.01 lots, on the classic account. On an ECN account the smallest lot size is 0.1 lots, but there is a minimum of 1000 USD deposit. So it’s the same minimum risk.

I’am a day trader especially I like to scalp and trade on the news events. I trade on the London session and choose the 5M timeframe, all my positions are opened between 5 to 20 minuntes.

Mix of swing and intraday trading.

I prefer swing and intraday trading as well.

I would say news trader that has made over 300% of his account twice in less than 2 weeks time and blew it, lol

Well I am a part time trader. But Forex Trading is the main source of my income, but not the only source as I like to keep my options opened.

basically i m trading as a part time trader but yes,… i m spending much time in it and now it has become one of the main sources of income.

I mainly like to day trade and keep trades open for a few hours. But recently I have been really interested in starting to do some swing trading. I expect that I would need to do more fundamental analysis to do this successfully.

Swing trading is good for anyone like me who doesn’t like keeping long-term positions open. I have mostly been using technical analysis for it though, and so far I am pleased with the results.

You’d doubtless want to include fundamental analysis to keep [I]longer-term[/I] swing-trades open.

There are also intraday swing-traders.

As the standard, accredited, most widely recommended textbook on swing-trading (by Alan Farley) clarifies on its very first page, swing-trading is [U]not[/U] a counterpart/opposite to “fast trading”. There are both fast/low-timeframe and slow/high-timeframe swing-trades, just as there are both fast/low-timeframe and slow/high-timeframe non-swing-trades.

[I]Whether or not trading is swing-trading isn’t dependent on its time-frame[/I].

I am a binary options trader. I used to swing trade but I like how the risk is fixed in options. I found a good training site and making good returns

part time is always flexible

I am part time trader , some times I use swing trading system . Like many other traders I give some hours to forex trading. In which I have to watch market and decide about positions. If there are good market conditions I try trading ,some times skip due to not clear trend.

Hey ‘imbest’ - sorry what is a swing trading system? something i can buy?

Kind of new-ish to forex and starting to trade/bet on it, though as my business relies on income from both euro and USD, i have a decent knowledge of these currencies.

cheers

“Swing trading” is a method of trying to identify trading opportunities designed to catch the bulk of price “swings”, e.g. from a trend-reversal at a low point up to a trend-reversal at a high point - or vice versa, of course, for “short” trading.

In this forum, many people use the expression “swing trading” mistakenly, to refer to “trading on a longer time-frame than intraday traders do” and intend to convey a connotation of “trades that are held open for a few days”, or at least for a few hours. Note, though, that this usage of the term is based on a big misunderstanding, and that “swing trading” [B]isn’t[/B] actually time-frame/duration dependent at all. (The standard textbook on “swing trading” is Alan Farley’s [I]The Master Swing Trader[/I], which clears up this widespread misunderstanding on the very first page.)

I’m a part time swing trader.

I am also a part time trader and it is good to be a part time trader as you can manage income from other sources and when you suffer loss in Forex, this income will help you to stand again.