What Kind of Trader Fits Your Personality?

Earlier this year I blew almost 10,Grand scalping the Forex market ( did not know the rules)and I almost gave up trading. I quit trading for a few months and look over all my current and past demo’s. One thing I noticed was that a many demo’s that I had started with $200 to $300 now had over $500 and a few had dropped lower and some accounts were 0.These accounts were ones I had not even followed.

I started a thread here on Babypips called My Proof Profit Strategy. ( It’s only for Long Term Trend Trades).

Here on Babypips you can take a Quiz to see what kind of trader by taking a personality test.

https://www.babypips.com/search?q=personality+quiz

Trend Trader
You can be a Day Trader
A Scalper

My personality does not fit that of a Long term Trend Trader. That’s opposite of a Scalper. I just needed to know the Rules and stick to them. Last couple days have achieved 330 pips 13% growth
rate yesterday and 16% today. Get in and get out and Stop trading.

TabiusLee

1 Like

Like many rookies, I tend to check on my trades every chance I get, when I did swing trades.

Right now, I’m just starting to trade breakouts live, and backtest a swing strategy.

I like breakouts because, I set my SL and my TP, then I forget about the trade. Once I set my order, I don’t have to think anymore.

I don’t even have to check on it.

But my personality is swing trading. The Pipsology test worked out well for me. I prefer longer trades that I don’t feel like I should check every 20 minutes.

It’s an impulse I’ll have to learn to control.

Perhaps, that’s why day trading would be not such a good fit for me.

2 Likes

Hi guys… im a day trader… that narrows the type of trader I am.

2 Likes

A great example of getting on the right track to be successful. I am on a psychology mission to “don’t look before 7pm”. I manage it most days, but if I get time on my hands…
Well done and stick to the plan - no tweaking for at least 20 trades - that’s what Mark Douglas recommends in Trading in the Zone.

2 Likes

I found the Test very helpful. I have been trading for a few years but without very much success. My Demo’s trading the Weekly/Day Chart always kick but !!!.

As a Scalper I have a Very High Win Ratio but end up giving back to the market.

It’s So Important to

1. Know What Kind Of Trader You Are
  2. Learn The Rules Of Of Your Trading Type
  3. Follow The Rules

Forex is 10% Skill and 90% Mental in my Opinion

TabiusLee

2 Likes

Hi,
Did you read Trading in the Zone, or any of Van Tharp’s books on the subject? At the time I read Van Tharp five years ago last time I traded seriously, I read them with a few months Forex knowledge. Now they seem to me to be completely different than last time I read them. I think that is cumulative knowledge and experience. Glad you have found your comfort zone moving forward and I hope that your initial large losses will just seem like a small blip in the greater order of things.

Trading in the Zone is one of my Favorite Forex books. I just started scalping again live the CORRECT way. Slow and steady. I usually take around 50 pips a trade couple times a day and then I am done,

TabiusLee

Mmmmm 50 pips a couple of times a day. I like to see that. What timetrame do you use and what markets do you trade??

Cheers

Blackduck

i think scalp trading for me is my strength
swing trading is also fun

1 Like

I love Trading also I find it fun and easy. I am learning to have patience, discipline, and self control. It was hard as a beginner scalper making $2500 in 4 hours and then do it again the next day and the next. I was like why quit I can keep going all day. I can make $10,000’s a day🤑.

As scalpers we know what happened :man_facepalming:.

Tabiuslee

1 Like

That’s a good achievement. Can you give me details like how many trades did you do, how many pips did you win and lose per day?

I will post a screen shot when the market opens. Meanwhile let me ask you. What trading profile are you? My trading profile maybe totally different from yours. My account is probably different. What leverage are you trading on your account and currency. My leverage 1:1500 USD Makes a big difference on how I trade.

I struggled in Forex for a long time trying to do what others were doing , using there leverage, instead of following my own path. Forex is the hardest, most emotional thing in life you will have try unless you have children . Never Give UP. I have stumbled, blown accounts, but always rise again.

Forex is all Mental !!! Conquering yourself…your emotions, your fears, having discipline, self-control, faith in yourself.

There been times I have been in the ZONE and other times lost faith in myself in my trading. Thats when you stop for awhile.

Sooooo what is Your Profile. It’s Important to Know Who You Are As a Trader. A Zebra can’t change his stripes, a Fish cant run. The most successful forex traders trade Who they are.

TabiusLee
(still learning)

1 Like

How accurate is this quiz? :open_mouth: Any others who have taken it here? :sweat_smile:

Hi. Ponponwei. Did you take the test to see what type of trader you are?

1 Like

I don’t they she did. It’s a test by Babypips and part of their training. It help me tremendously. Don’t know why they laughed at it. I took a similar test elsewhere which was was longer and came out the same. I am a scalper. When I follow the rules, and YOU can’t make any mistakes then you do fine.

TabiusLee

1 Like

You are right. Finding out your trading strategy is like trial and error. You gotta keep doing this trying on demo accounts until you find the one that fits your personality.

any scalpers here?

1 Like