What platform do you use to start?

Hi Guys,

Semi-rookie here :slight_smile:

Just a quick poll…

What platform do you use to start? I personally like MT4 and I like it.
If you use MT4/MT5, do you download/buy indicators and EA from their market?

Thank you

Good luck with your trades

I started on MT4 and years later I still trade on MT4. I like this platform, I am used to it and I see no reason to change it.

I used “FxTrade” which I liked (and still do, though admittedly I use something with better capabilities, now).

I don’t think it really matters very much, as long as you [I][U]avoid[/U][/I] “MetaTrader 4” for all the reasons explained in this thread (among others) and its links. A careful read through that may help you.

I didn’t like both. I was on the fence with etoro’s and fx pro markets’ ones. But etoro just changed their rules about letting people from Japan use it. Some kind of legal thing I guess. So I went with FX pro market. For me it is like driving a car. If you are going to look at the dash everyday make sure you like it.

I started also on MT4 and am still using it, it is suitable for newbies. But lately I am hearing news about MT5 and am planning on checking it. Also a friend of mine mentioned me abou Agena Trader but I still don’t know anything about it so we’ll see how it goes.

I really like the MT4 platform. I think it will be a great platform to start with for new traders. The flexibility is amazing in addition to the availability of a variety of powerful tools you can trade with. I think the MT5 is more advanced for better technical traders who have automated trading experience you may not have as a new trader.

Well, I have also started my trading with Mr4, it’s almost 5 years but till now I am using Mt4 trading platform! I don’t use any custom indicator in my live trading chart, I am interested on only default trading indicator!

When I was still a newbie in trading, I started with MT4. It has powerful tools and features that even beginners will easily analyze price and manage trades.

I’m loyal to MT4 :slight_smile: It’s one of the easiest and most popular platforms in the Forex world, especially for the amateur traders. Once you get used to the tools and main functions, you will see how comfortable trading on this platform is.

If i need to make a recommendation, I will sa MT4 is the best platforrm since it is pretty cool for various reasons. Also very reliable and provide us room to create our own way to work with the method/technique we like.

For beginners, mt4 still remains one of the best there is. It comes with default indicators and charting tools. You dont need to buy any of that. Via the mt4 you can subscribe Signal services. You’ll need to install EAs manually.

I only tried MT4, as broker I trade with (as well as the ones I traded in the past), allows only MT4.
Anyway, I’m fully satisfied with the platform.