What’s your thoughts about IC markets?

Hello guys

I hope all off you are doing great and having a Green Day’s.

I’ve been using ic markets for not so long, I lost all my margin about 1k$, I don’t know if it is my trading view or the broker is chasing stop losses.

I’m thinking about reinvesting again, the question is IC markets are legit ? There is any garantes that I can withdraw my money without any problems ? what about trading conditions ? What about scalper is this broker fit for this type of trading ?

Thank you guys in advance I’am a little bit confused.

hi there pal. i have an icmarkets live account with them since 2016. never an issue with withdrawls. as for the broker huntin ur stop, i don t think that s possible, and what i mean by that is that they don t move the market, the banks do. they just tamper with the spread when volatility increases, and yes, around areas where there are A lot of stops, that s when they widen the spread and kick u out( they do that based on the order book, they don t hunt u personally). solution> don t place stops to close to price, or if u do that go in on an imbalance of supply and demand in the right places. hope this helps cheers
PS>u might wanna do some paper trading before throwing money again or, if u do decide to go live again, atleast go with 0.001 microlots untill u earn the right to increase the posizion size(meaning win more then u lose out of 20 plus trades atleast)

1 Like

thanks a lot.

I’d stay away from IC markets if I were you

huh, why s that? @MaydayJane

no live experience with them. is it regulated or not ?

ofc they are, and they ve been around since 2007, never heard bad things about them, plus i m trading with them, that s why i was curious what maydayjane had to say

Have multiple accounts ranging from £10K to £500K with them, no issues to date.

Even though they seem to use stock images for their live chat support people, its on point support.

I think we need to show why I avoid or work with certain brokers. rather, only a simple sentence evades for no apparent reason

Sorry bout that. Just word of mouth from close friends that also trade and did not like using them.

I have traded with many brokers. I am happy again and I am trading at ICMarkets. If you are not happy. Could someone please tell me the specific reason why?

Just know I was putting my SL at 26 and it break and the order failled to 17 what a huge slippage …

oh yeah! That slippage problem for me is not strange