What was your turn around point in Forex trading?

I realised when I invested in to a ea more than I could afford to lose. Took some time off to learn etc so o could trade for myself

2 Likes

It was when I discovered my new strategy

Using my brain instead of gambling

2 Likes

Too many people approach trading like gambling. You are making a bet, but if you’re not managing your risk and position sizing, you’re just gambling.

1 Like

so your EA turned out to be a life changer?

I think this was more a statement that the EA wasn’t working or doing what was promised. Sounds likes losses to me, not life changing gains.

Losses of course a big part of trading and they shouldn’t be something wondering for traders mainly because every human who wants to start trading should be already prepared for losses, you know. Maybe they can be considered as turning points in case that they motivate a lot. However, I think trader must take losses for granted and always work on theirselves. What is more significant is that they should never analyze lost deals, because it won’t teach them anything it will only make them to doubt in themselves. Trader always should analyze only win deals mostly because it shows them how to create winning strategies I suppose.

Reviewing both winners and losers is beneficial. Maybe you win more than you lose, but your winners, while frequent, can’t cover the larger, less occurring, losers. You’d never know that if you only looked at winners.

Works the opposite way too.

In my opinion patience plays a big role in trading activity and lots of depends on it. Calmness contributes to your development in trading. It must be combines with your knowledge, experience and intentions. The main is to set an aim, to strive for success and patience gives you strengts to achieve your goals. No matter how long you trade, no matter how big is your deposit, the matter is how do you relate to mistakes, losses and so on. You have to understand that mistakes, losses, everything relates to your experience and you shouldn’t take it too hard, because they are like a teacher for you. The best thing you can do to have a success is setting up yourself every morning in a positive way.

2 Likes

Yes that is absolutely right!

Could it be as simple as putting in the time? Trading every week, on most days, for months, keeping a journal. Winning, losing, in the beginning, it’s doesn’t really because you’re still learning?

And once you’ve accumulated the hours in front of the charts, watching what your preferred pairs do over time, in certain market conditions, things just start to click?

1 Like

Forex trading is different than other markets and does have a bit of a learning curve. We have a vast amount of information available for our clients. You might find the following video and articles interesting.

https://www.forex.com/en/education/education-themes/trading-concepts/how-to-trade-forex/

Everything that you have mentioned is a part of the trading journey, however the main thing is the quality of learning, even if you are spending a limited time yet you are constant with your schedule, then surely you can be successful.

1 Like

Ignoring my wife and kids…

3 Likes

Some alone time is always great for trading!

That might be a long term strategy :rofl: :rofl:

Gold! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kids are persistent though lol

1 Like

For me, the revelation was the rejection of a large number of indicators and the concentration on price action.

1 Like

When I stopped being afraid to lose my trading account

1 Like