What would convince you to be a mentor?

Because two years, in this hypothetical instance, is too short a timeframe for him demonstrate he has faced all the conceivable obstacles a more seasoned trader has experienced. For e.g

• he could be doing an excellent job of interpreting and acting on an extended bull/bear run. Will he continue to demonstrate the same nimbleness & caution when the environment changes?
  • Or perhaps he’s experiencing a conflict free environment on a personal front. What happens if he’s faced with trauma like the death of a family member or divorce?

Also just my opinion but geniuses or gifted individuals are wired differently. They interpret, comprehend and act differently and are considered outliers to the more average crowd. Can someone like that slow down, take the time to understand how a more regular person thinks and mould what he understands to a program that benefits a more normal person? If so, then there could be benefit. Else you risk imitating what he/she did to succeed and risk failure.

1 Like

If you’re doing well in trading, there is no need to be a mentor.

[quote=“Petezaa, post:144, topic:538847, full:true”]
If you’re doing well in trading, there is no need to be a mentor

Mate, re-read that comment.

I call it luck.
I would not ask mentorship to a guy that has been lucky and think to be profitable.

You nailed it, James Simons does not sell mentorship.

Just stumbled onto Linda Raschke’s interview here in #community:trader-interviews. Her take on mentorship/coaching (question 9) I think would help a lot of us newbies.

2 Likes

Oooh! :open_mouth: I almost forgot about these! But I’m glad you uncovered them. :sweat_smile: I remember PipMeHappy put so much work in these. :blush: I hope he’s doing okay too. Maybe I’d shoot him a message sometime.