What would you do different if you start now to learn forex?

would not waste money and time on brokers’ names and courses that do not bring any benefit

I will be patient and trade with higher timeframes alone

Good one!
That’s what actually is required the most.

i had such feeling, but I made up my mind to give my best

Yes! Pair correlation is definitely something to learn. I’m new, but trying to bundle all the correlated pairs together so that when there is a good move among them I can scan the group for the best set up. Did you try that? Or did you just pick one out of the correlated group?

1 Like

I picked pairs that I thought worked best with my strategy, then put them at the top of my list. I have expanded from supply & demand since to include support & resistance levels, so I do scan all 28 pairs to find the best setups, while making sure to limit how many position I take to avoid correlation. But I do make sure to start with those top 4.

the best training is practice, it has always been so, so try to devote more time to this

I would have spent enough time on demo until i went live.

I would of spent more time on demo before investing most of the money I had at the time, but at least it’s taught me for the future

Spend more time backtesting and demo trading.

Honestly, I don’t really regret the mistakes or missing out on that. Trading with demo trading for long time has helped me to get a better direction in learning more and more on forex trading. One thing I would love knowing back then that is that being able to choose different trading strategy rather than sticking with one.

2 Likes

Agreed, demo trading is really helpful .

Focus less on making money so early on. Wasted a lot of time with the wrong mindset.

That is very true, many new traders tend to think about making money over thinking of making a proper strategy, so that is why they get frustrated easily when they are making losses in trading and ultimately, giving up. Sad reality.

1 Like

I wish I knew more about support and resistance back then and applying the strategy in that. But it is okay, now that I knew, I can do that.

Maybe I would have practiced for a few months more on a demo account but I don’t really regret it. I feel that you have to learn new things everyday in order to succeed in trading. The learning process here is endless.

Focused less on pip count and more on quality RR trades using S/D zones .
Oh and not trying to find the holy grail of Indicators

Will spend enough time on demo trading.

I would have not realized that I can always diversify between multiple forex pairs to trade with, rather than sticking with one.

I’d definitely start practicing on demo account simultaneously during my learning phase.