What would you do different if you start now to learn forex?

There is no need to act differently. You just need to be smart enough. In my case, I focused on my learning.
In the beginning, it is hard to make money, so focus only on learning, and remember that money is the product of the sum of your efforts and good strategies.

I would rather spend more time practising in a demo account instead of reading books and articles on forex trading. I will then prepare my strategy to apply to a live account. Risk management is the most important part of trading and I will try to learn how to minimize my losses and ensure profits.

Till now, the basic rule is the same & that it demo trading! Yes, Demo trading is free; but so much effective! New traders need to focus on this process so keenly!

I won’t change anything that I did in the past since it has shaped me to this version of myself that I am today. I have made a lot of mistakes and one would choose to possibly erase them from their trading journey. But I think those mistakes have helped me a lot to learn and grow into a better trader at the end of the day. I am happy with how I have thread through the ups and downs as a forex trader over the years and I am truly grateful for it. But my humble suggestion for a beginner would be to find your own pathway and not just blindly follow others. You should listen to everyone and all but only do the things that align with your goal and do not go for any shortcuts. Good luck for your journey ahead and happy trading!

1 Like

Read articles and talk to other experienced traders on the forum to get an idea that can help you kickstart your thought process for the better. Practice! I wouldn’t suggest you rush into multiple trades at one time. Slow down and be patient.

I won’t really change anything that I did but maybe I could have done it in a better way. Still, making mistakes is a part of the learning process. So, my only advice is to keep on learning and identify your mistakes in time. Keeping a trading journal can help a lot as you will be able to track your progress as a trader. Continue demo trading until you develop your skills and gain confidence as a trader. Pay attention to risk management and practice emotional control as well.

Instead of learning from online sources about forex trading, I would have practised more in a demo account. Also, a deeper grasp of which strategy works and the proper analysis of time frame.