What would you do differently today for better trading results?

That is very good to hear. I am glad for you.

Thanks bro.

Trade safe and prosper.

I learned that perfectionism can be a hindrance to successful trading. No one strategy will answer all the things you would like to achieve, you can take a fixed income approach that is relatively hassle free and safe, but you shouldn’t then cry about losing pips when you could have cashed in on a great trade instead. Maybe a lot of traders or would be traders out there have already found the answer to making money from this gig long term, but are still searching for perfect solutions.

Reaffirmed the importance of perspective.

Trading is very straight forward as compared to running a business and well suited to people with good analytical skills who might not have the other collection of skills needed to thrive in business; your ideas are realised at the click of a button.

And stick your money in a fixed deposit and you will get a stupid interest rate which after inflation becomes negative as in the UK atm, so appreciate the fact that even a 25% annual return is bloody good compared to the real world alternatives.

I firmly believe most people can achieve that. The problem i guess is that your starting capital is high enough to make the exercise worthwhile.

1 Like

100,000 x 25% compounded for 10 years is 931,322.57. Maybe not an overnight multimillionaire but you can buy a few things with that. Rather than chasing shadows.

I agree that seeking perfectionism should be avoided. Interestingly some traders destroy their functional and effective strategies while trying to make such strategies perfect.

Trade safe and prosper.

I think that one should seek to be a perfectionist regarding their discipline and how organized they are. Strategies have a certain degree of success and that’s normal, seeking to make them 100% is a futile exercise.

Futile indeed! But the search for the ‘Holy Grail’ continues for the uniformed.

Do you believe in the Holy Grail of trading? I can’t say I do. I believe in studying and practicing.

I once did when I started trading in 2010

In my case I didn’t even hear this term when I was a newbie. I heard it recently and by that time I had gained enough experience to be sceptical.

Lucky you! It’s important to be wary of herd mentality.

I read the news every day. I think this can be considered a receipt of new information to improve trade. :grin::laughing::blush:

Being informed on fundamentals is good. But more important is the ability to use the information alongside thorough market analysis.

Trade safe and prosper.

I have never had a problem with that, actually. My main flaw that I never listened to anyone.

Be your own guru, perhaps?

Talking about what I learned recently; to regularly review the pairs I trade for relevance. I subject some of the pairs on my watch list to a periodic review. I want to know which ones among them are meeting my criteria most of the time. Those not meeting such criteria are now being dropped and I will pick one or two to replace them for a while; subject to future review. This way, I keep myself from temptation to trade pairs that do not suit my trading style.

Trade safe and prosper.

That is what I have been doing.
As for currency pair review, I usually have a number of pairs that I trade and I rotate them whenever I feel the current pair is not suitable at the moment to trade.

That’s exactly what I started doing recently. Before, I would have some pairs on my watch list but they tend to be the same pairs over a long period of time. Nowadays, I am dropping a few and replacing them with one or two which will be reviewed after a while.

Which pairs do you tend to trade the most?
For me that is USD/JPY and GBP/USD.

EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY & GBPAUD

Trade safe and prosper.

Why do you need to improve and keep learning as a trader? Markets change, markets can throw you curves and challenges. And no trading strategy, system or method works all the time.

So, what have you learned recently, or are doing differently, to be a better trader?

Trade safe and prosper.