What would you do differently today for better trading results?

That is, indeed, one of the things I do not ever forget, no matter what.

Very good, mate.

Trade safe and prosper.

Trading psychology can be important for consistent success in trading. One aspect is being patient to trade based on quality setups. How often do traders get reminded by the markets that they should always confirm trade setups before placing trade orders? This is often a recurrent reminder to traders who lack trading discipline.

Trade safe and you would prosper.

The reminder usually happens after you’ve placed the wrong trade.

Yes, sadly not many traders heed the reminder. A way out is to always prepare a trade plan for each trade and trade the plan. Trading less often is also another.

Trade safe and prosper.

A forex trader will require proper practicing with the help of demo trading accounts when he is seeing that market is not in his favor or his strategies are not working. To improve my trading skills, I try to maintain a journal to overview the listing of my winning and losing trades. As well as, I try to improve my mistakes after identifying the basic reason of my failure.

Learning from past mistakes is an important step to improvement.

Trade safe and prosper.

One either learns from their mistakes or they don’t, unfortunately.

Yeah. And that is what matters the most. One should not be afraid of making mistakes. But one should be afraid of not learning from their mistakes. In my opinion each of our mistakes teaches us a valuable lesson. We just have to be more open minded in this respect, especially in forex trading which is so dynamic and multifaceted in nature

Mistakes are inevitable, occasionally, and one should accept that. But one should also strive to avoid them when possible.

Learning from mistakes is important.

Trade safe and prosper.

Check this video, see what you can learn from it.

Trade safe and prosper.

One of the things I do is to periodically check which aspects of my trading I need to improve upon. Recently, I realized that I can improve on the precision of my entry levels. Usually, I have a high probability of accuracy in my technical analysis of market scenario and direction but my entry does lack precision in many ways, leading to me using a higher than average stop loss order. Since last week, I have been working on how to be more precise.

Trade safe and prosper.

So, what about you? What have you learned recently about your trading?

Trade safe.

What solutions have you come up with?

Using a special indicator on my entry time frame. When I get a setup on my trading time frame, I go to my entry time frame to confirm an efficient entry level using the special indicator.

Trade safe and prosper.

1 Like

Thanks for reminding us some obvious things. “If sun rises form this side then it’s East” - a kind of statement which bring no new information. Efficient markets make the information you mentioned already priced in so it’s not effective at all, probably losing piece of guidance if applied in trading.

Best advice I would share with newbies is not to listen to some baby pips “pundits” but instead make rigorous study of complex relationships between currency and its economy, yield-driven currency flows and understanding how risk on/off sentiments spreads across the markets, to be the first in turn for profit.

Trade safe and prosper. :slight_smile:

Complex and prolonged study of currencies and economies may be good for theorists, not for me. I’ll rather spend my time on the simple things that work.

Trade safe and prosper.

Yes, I have learned to perform technical analysis along with fundamental analysis to produce the strategy that is free from limitations of the technical analysis.

Yes, we do need some dose of fundamentals as combo with technicals.

Trade safe and prosper.