What would you do differently today for better trading results?

trading method, manage your capital and of course do not treat trading as gambling! Our head should be in the right place always!

Could you tell us what trading method you learned recently? How is it improving your trading? Trade safe.

Well my trading method (or strategy) is based in fundamental analysis and supported for MACD and moving averages to see any divergences on the chart. However I do not put that much of attention to the indicators than to the news. I have been using this system for 3 years now, following the news every single day (even the weekends). I have learned to put focus just on the main symbols (majors) and do not get crazy with 1000 currency pairs, commodities and everything. This means I am usually following news from the OPEC and inventory data which obviously will give me an idea of whats going on with the WTI and Brent and also it will help me to make an analysis in the USDCAD as the Canadian economy is mainly influenced with the Oil prices.
Same about the news in USA which basically put pressure in all the currency pairs but mainly in the EURUSD and also affect in the gold markets. If I wanna trade in the Aussie then I am really aware of what is going on with the Australian economy and its sister China :stuck_out_tongue:
Well…more or less this is what I do … I do not think is something really different than other fundamental traders and I believe that my trading is even simple but for me it worked. Oh by the way, I am intraday trader! I rarely leave any position open for the following day.

Good to know that you emphasize fundamentals in your trading. You may want to consider adding strategic use of technicals to fundamentals. For example, what is the overall trend of the market you are looking to trade and where are the key turning points? How is price reacting to key zones and pivots? Trade safe.

One lesson for me, really a confirmation of one of my trading principles - be your own man/woman and master your system. Trade safe.

One of the key lessons I learnt recently is the importance of trading cognizant of the difference between market trend (particularly primary/major one) and market mode or mood. While this may not be important for traders using very low time frames and picking a few pips, it is significant for my swing trading strategy. As I tend to leave my positions for a few days and use HTFs in market analysis and set-ups, it is imperative that I apply the knowledge of market trend and market mode in my market analysis, trade set ups and timing of trade entry. What about you, have you learnt anything recently that could make a difference to your trading? Trade safe.

I agree. I think that using both types of analysis is very practical because both have something to offer and they completement each other.

Are you adopting the ‘80/20’ rule in your Forex trading? Share your views and experience with other traders here. Trade safe.

The ‘80/20 rule’ basically means putting your resources on the few most important things. One way I apply this principle in my Forex trading is putting a lot of my time and effort on market reading and analysis and weekly preparation and planning, I put 1-2 hours per day on actual trading. Trade safe.

I would focus more on managing the risk than looking for ‘magical arrow’. Also I’ve learned a lot how to read economic news calendar: when to expect lower volatility, when to trade the break and when to trade the bouce

Managing the risk is priority, you must have fund to be in the market the next day.

And also, I believe, when to stay out of the market.

Trade safe.

One of the things I learned recently is to review the criteria I use for the pre-week scan and analysis of the pairs on my watch list. This has resulted in making my analysis more efficient and the pairs that I select more amenable to my trading techniques. Trade safe.

Have you tried reducing the number of indicators on your chart to the barest minimum? For me, as I still believe in using moving averages, particularly for direction, I still use EMAs. How many? I now use only one EMA, purely for direction and alignment of direction across the higher time frames. Trade safe.

One of the things I learned in the last few weeks is to improve on the accuracy of my market reading and technical analysis. What about you, what you have learnt recently that could make you a better trader? Trade safe.

I read analysis too. Do you perform it by yourself or read the expert’s columns?

I do my own analysis on a weekly basis and track the market a few times during the week. Trade safe.

Make sure you are not guilty of system-perfectionism. Read this article: Perfectionism?

While I do read analysis, I always try to stick to my own analysis as much as possible.

Agreed! Being your own boss is it! You trade your style, you trade your strategy and you master your techniques. Doing otherwise is dangerous to your trading career. Trade safe.

What are you going to do differently trading-wise this week? Why or why not? Trade safe.