What would you tell yourself..knowing what you know NOW?

Hahaha…

I seldom get demoralized…!!! ( if you only knew my life…)

But I’ll take what you wrote as a goal !!!

60 is a nice number to give me time to master…(…and hopefully brag about…) strategies on Forex trading. :slight_smile:

…and if I’m successful enough…have money to buy …a Fast Food franchise !!! :wink:

So…I’ll get to work…because Luck… is for the Unprepared !!

Thanks again !!!

1 Like

When I first started studying and going through the BabyPips School I remember reading about technical analysis and thinking it sounded like a load of bull. I also shrugged off journaling. I thought it was a waste of time.
After bouncing from one indicator based strategy to another now I find myself looking at clean charts and basing entries off of the candles.
Furthermore, my trade log and written journal have been invaluable to my trading psychology. I often bring up my spreadsheet when a trade isn’t going my way just to remind me that in the long run it’s correct not to veer from my rules.

I will scream to him, Please don’t be hasty at all. And please learn well before you start, so I wouldn’t go through what I went through in my early days in the market.

No Problem :slight_smile:

interesting thread, I forgot the first time spend money on forex. anyone can remind me?

This is a very interesting question. :smiley: Haha. I think I’ve answered something like this for a feature we’ve done with the BP team, but I don’t mind chiming in here. :stuck_out_tongue: I’d tell myself that it won’t be easy. No part of it would be easy to grasp or understand, but you’re gonna have to persevere if you really want to become a professional trader. Don’t let your emotions get the best of you, especially during the first few months when all you’re having are losing trades. :open_mouth: Things will get better. And as you learn more, you’re gonna be closer and closer to your goal! :blush: :blush:

1 Like

Being a Newbie…( that don’t know what to look in a “Journal”…)

…would this be good ?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.forexsetup.forexdiary&hl=en

Does it cover everything I would need ?

You understand that i wouldn’t want to start a Journal…just to find down the road that it doesn’t fit the bill…and start all over again.

Thanks in advance for your time !!! :slight_smile:

do not trade in less than 30 minute time frame
do not be greedy
be patient
must be willing to set 30 pips stop loss
do not always follow moving avg but look fo support and resistance
add to that look at the shape of the candles

It wouldn’t be good enough for me. I like using spreadsheets so you can make adjustments as needed.

Stop making excuses and just start learning how to trade/trading. I would have started far sooner had I not exhausted a long list of excuses not to jump in just yet. (“It’s too complicated” “But what if etc etc”)

1 Like

Good Advice…
…but personnaly not for me …! :wink:

I’m way out of procrastinating…!! :smile:

Being a “WarrenBuffet-ish” type of person I :

1- Closed my Graphic Design Facebook yesterday…( To use most of my time for Forex …)

2- Selling most of my stuff (that I don’t intend to use…) which would give me “Play Money”…so that I won’t feel attach to it

3- As a realistic goal Intend to make around 100 to 150$ a month profit ( In the VERYLONG run…)…Give or take…:thinking:

4- Intend to use an automatic bot in the beginning…not wanting to be glued to those charts…all day long

5- I’m Starting BabyPips school…

6…and now looking for a Spreadsheet journal to write it all down…
7- At 56…I’ve had an Entrepreneur set of mind most of my life…now I’m tending toward the Businessman side of me ( Having had a Revelation by reading a lot those past weeks…!!)

Thanks again for your advice…!!!

PS: I’m French…so my writings can be badly translated…

Ooh I like your list!

#3 - I hope to also be there although mine is much smaller maybe like $30/month lol.

#6 - Let me know once you find one! I’m setting mine up maybe next week!

#7 - I support both sides! Although - aren’t they kind of the same?

Wishing us both much success this year! (We’ll deal with the years ahead as they come lol)

#7- Not from point a view…

An Entrepreneur has ALWAYS something to Sell you…

A Businessman just minds…well…it’s OWN Business ! :wink:

#8 - Being on the subject…i also removed myself from Entrepreneur Facebook site.

I want my time chatting with people…Forex oriented. :slight_smile:

Everybody has the same 24 hours…it’s WHAT we DO with this 24 hours… that separates us from the pack !

To our Success…!!!

Makes sense. And yes good on you for really wanting to focus on forex. That’s me too. Mainly the reason I’ve been hanging around here. Finally took the big step to trading live (although small for now).

Let’s keep this positivity going - it’s contagious!

1 Like

I think, by following the rules the principle of a trader, then it meets the criteria.