What you all are upto?

Sometimes set up is a good idea, that I can agree with you. It also helps you to find out what went wrong and see what you can do in future course of action.

1 Like

I have made peace with the fact that no matter how hard I try, I won’t be able to make profits all the time. As I will always have to take losses, I am working on a risk management strategy so that it doesn’t affect my future trades much.

1 Like

Good warning signals would include an outside reversal bar in a trend - for example an outside bar with a close below the preceding day’s low in an otherwise intact uptrend, vice versa in a downtrend.

Another would be a close below a previous swing low in an otherwise intact uptrend.

1 Like

If I am consistently losing trades I prefer to quit trading for sometime. I relax and study my past trades from my trading journal, analyse them and make changes in my future trades accordingly.

2 Likes

Good attitude

1 Like

In a situation like this, it’s best to take a short break to relax tension nerves and build rhythm to mundane tasks. Go for a run, read more about the market and analyse your previous trades, talk to other traders and grow your knowledge before you trade, again. It is important to have a clear mind in order to trade strategically.

1 Like

Yeah, quite spread problem, however I can’t claim that it’s a real problem, it’s just an ordinary part of trading activity and no more. Before I started trading I got acquainted with all the situations which i might face during my path and actually i was ready to meet red figures in journal as you have stated.

In such times, I take a break. Corny? Probably. However, I wasn’t successful at developing something more creative, perhaps, I will meet the better solution in future, but these days I can allege that it’s enough for me to take a couple of days off. At least, it helps me to reload and distract from trading for a while.

1 Like

When there’s all red digits on my trading journal, I take a short break. I usually wait for the market to break from the downtrend and rise up. Sometimes this can take a couple of days, and sometimes just a few hours.
Honestly though, taking a break is really lively. Have some peaceful coffee and no bluelight, play with pets, listen to podcasts, and maybe do a little selfcare as well.

1 Like

I mostly take a break and put my mind elsewhere for a while. It is a bad idea to keep on trading after continuous losses in a row.

1 Like

Yup, I would definitely prefer to have patience and wait for the right time, than enter in a trade at the wrong time, and risk losing it all. Better to stay safe than be sorry. TMI, in this short break, I’d like to catch up with my hobbies if there isn’t some other important work.

2 Likes

That’s what makes you a real trader I think - its all about timing the market.

I would suggest by taking a break, you can unwind and give yourself permission to feel refreshed, enabling you to approach the markets with newfound energy.

1 Like

Usually I take a break and start fresh after a few days.