What's cooking?

Air Fryer Asian BBQ Chicken

1 Like

24 hour marinade? Nice!!

Iā€™m surprised he used a thermometer to check the temp of the chicken. Thatā€™s pretty cautious. Iā€™ve never done that. But, itā€™s probably a good habit.

@SmallPaul Would you ever bother checking the internal temperature?

These days, Iā€™m only eating short-grain brown rice. Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve eaten any other kindā€¦

I havenā€™t tried that many types of rice, but I have enjoyed basmati and jasmine. Stocking up on different types would be nice.

1 Like

I have never owned a thermometer or seen anyone in my family use one

1 Like

Neither have I. If youā€™re roasting a chicken at 350Ā° for 45 minutes, Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s cooked thru.

For something like a ham, I can understand because itā€™s a big piece of meat, and you wanna be careful that pork has cooked down to the center. Weā€™ve covered that already, havenā€™t we? haha

For a roast turkey, you can use a pop-up timer. But it seems that a meat thermometer is still a good idea to double check.

1 Like

Most store-bought hams are pre-cooked. At least the ones I buy

1. Despite popular belief, not all store-bought hams are precooked: While many hams sold in stores are indeed pre-cooked, there are some varieties that are sold raw and require cooking before consumption. These raw hams typically come with specific cooking instructions to ensure safe consumption.

Are Store Bought Hams Precooked? Unveiling the Truth - Outrageous Cookie Dough

1 Like

As the page suggests, taking two minutes to read the label thoroughly can save you a lot of trouble.

Particularly, food poisoning or worseā€¦

1 Like

Cook the noodles and the eggs this way the result is amazing

1 Like

I never thought of that! Wow!

1 Like

Dive into the fascinating world of Phu Dat, a Mekong Delta village where rat meat is not just food, but a booming business.

Surviving on RATS: This Mekong Village Makes Millions from Rats

2 Likes

Wow, Vietnam, you scary.

But you know what? These are country rats. These arenā€™t rats that live in sewers and subways. So, I imagine theyā€™re just as clean as any other animal. Right?

And theyā€™re a great food source because theyā€™re prolific breeders. I think they can start reproducing just six weeks after being born.

Why not eat them?

1 Like

I could never eat any rat even if my life depended on it. This proves there is a link between psychology and taste.

1 Like

Are you sure about that?

1 Like

I may not be certain about many things but this is definitely a no no for me. I find it hard to believe it is even considered for consumptionā€¦lol. I just canā€™t, really.

2 Likes

I understand and have said the same thing, but if my life depended on it, Iā€™d probably eat a few rats

BTW: I like the way they cooked it.

2 Likes

I used to work as a public health inspector. I had bad dreams then about rats. Everybody I worked with that I asked had also had dreams about rats. If I started eating rat it would all start again.

3 Likes

Cross cultural diversity in taste should be one of the wonders of the world. I donā€™t know what I would actually do if literally my life depended on it :grin:. I should be more open minded towards this but, in all honesty, it is such a struggle for me. The fact you liked the way it was prepared should add an extra layer of conviction towards making consuming it a norm. If I can.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: I just found this statement funny, It just sounded like a joke

2 Likes

I guess the reason is connected to seeing them too often in your line of work. This confirms my earlier statement that there is a link between the psychology and taste. Both are not independent of the other. I guess eating rats is off the menu for you.

3 Likes

hahahaha. It is in truth. :joy:

2 Likes