What's one trading mistake you used to make that you've now corrected?

Over-trading is a common problem and still sometimes I over-trade based on the opportunities available, though not always.

1 Like

I overtrade. I had always done it. I also make trades based on my emotions!
I asked for a solution and people advised me for controlling my emotions.
I am trying to do that, so right now I am on a break from trading:)))) Reading books, spending time on social media, walking, and working on myself. Hope that it will help.

1 Like

A trading mistake that I used to make was not having a clear exit strategy in place. I would enter trades without a specific plan for when to take profits or cut losses. So I just was watching the market and waiting for the first bearish signs so I would close my buy trades :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I was quite addicted to revenge trading that caused me to suffer losses in bulk. I have been with the market for long two years and I recovered this habit with time.

2 Likes

Revenge trading i had a hard time with in the past when i did trade on sport on betfair :face_with_head_bandage: i think we all been there (done that) :sweat_smile: That is part of the learning curve I think and that is one reason why i have this rule if i loose 3 times in day i am out for that day …

1 Like

Unnecessary trading and keeping high expectation were my mistake that I recovered with time.

1 Like

Yeah I’ll be practicing on this one next!

1 Like

you do actually have a stop-loss, Ibrahim - if you don’t enter one manually, your stop-loss is your entire account, every time you trade, but if that’s what you want … :open_mouth:

i hope your internet connection never goes down … :dizzy_face:

1 Like

That is my biggest fear when i trade @flamingoproxy that i am in a trade and boing there i lost my internet connection :scream: that can give me nightmare’s :laughing:

1 Like

My error was made when I opened orders rather than setting st or tp. I became aware of open trades pending.

1 Like