What's the best timeframe to trade forex

So I too have my favorite timeframe I use in trading. Just curious of others about the best timeframe they prefer.

1 Like

For scapers, small timeframes are perfect and for long time traders big timeframes like w1 and m1 are perfect.

A more important question is, how much pips you can extract from time frame.

1 Like

You need a strategy regardless of whatever time-frame you decide to use. Most strategies based on Technical Analysis will work in any time-frame - remember there are only two strategies - go with what price has been doing or go against what price has been doing.

1 Like

That’s a good question, If you want to go long visit the higher time frame. If you want to go short visit the lower time frame. It can also be based off you captial aswell becasue based off of what you have can help you understand many pip you can reach for. More money less pip; less money more pips. It’s all about your angle and what you find is impotant to you as a trader.

Time frame is nothing to do with direction, you can go long and short on the same time frame.

This is a different viewpoint to most traders - do you want to say more abut how you trade?

Your entitled to your opinion but I was just responding to your question. If you feel like that don’t work it’s totally fine. It’s just all about finding your niche

When I first started I had only traded with 10$ but on a weekly chart that 10$ was not able to handle the fluctuations of the market.

To trade upwards from $10 is a good achievement.

But I was intrigued by what you said here -
“If you want to go long visit the higher time frame. If you want to go short visit the lower time frame.”

1 Like

I personally mostly use the daily. :blush: But to confirm entry signals, I sometimes check out the 4H and 1H charts. :sweat_smile: I’m not sure if there’s a “best” time frame cause that would be dependent on what type of trader you are, but you might want to explore using multiple time frames? :smiley: