What's the common mistakes Stock trader must avoid?

Here’s some trader mistakes most they do when started to trade in the stock market:

If you keep losing, don’t keep trading. …
Never trade without a stop loss. …
Never add to a losing day trade. …
Don’t risk more than you can afford to lose. …

There is not on the list? share your experiences or continue the list on comment section below!

Also, how to fix it?

1 Like

Trade what the market is giving you and not what you think it’s going to do. Trading is a game of probabilities and leverage and gaining an edge.

Agree, but how do you know what market is giving to you?

Where do you learn about it?

I love following trends. When the trend weakens or slows, I exit and bank the profits.

But every indication of a weakening trend is an indication of a strengthening entry set-up. So when the trend resumes I get in again with the trend. And so on and so on.

So you just follow the trends

It’s risky, isn’t it? Do you trade stocks?

What about trading lesson, where you got?

I very rarely trade stocks, just forex plus the Dow index value (long only).

Trend-following trades are high probability: the most likely thing price will do next in a trend is continue the trend: it is very unlikely to reverse next.

But reversals can be sudden and powerful so traders fear trends (when they should be fearing reversals).

No matter what you trade the mistakes/problems/barriers are for the most part the same. But stocks have some key advantages over other markets and not using them is a mistake one should avoid.

Stocks are more directional
Stocks are more volatile
There are a lot of companies

Ah, you’re invested!

Btw, I joined a course by Snap Academy last week, the trainer is obviously great in stock, forex & crypto.

I thought it fit for you.
Do you follow the courses too?

Agree with you :smiley: