What's the investment you regret the most?

Oooh. :open_mouth: I’ve seen everywhere that a car becomes a liability as soon as it leaves the store. :confused: Why don’t you use it though? :open_mouth: Is it still because of the lockdown or the pandemic? :open_mouth:

I agree! :thinking: I don’t want to get too political here HAHA but I feel like we’ve been conditioned to think that this is the path to success, so somehow, when I see people succeeding even without college or masters degrees, I still wonder if I shouldn’t have wasted my time. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think it is less political and more generational. It’s what our parents thought was the way to go and so encouraged us to follow. Not their fault at all but I you don’t know better then that is what you tell your kids.

Good point. :thinking: And to be honest, I feel like this way of thinking has just been ingrained into the way I see success so. even if I know that a degree isn’t necessarily the ticket to success, it’s still what I would want for my future children. :confused:

Ah see if I had kids ever I might say that go if you love the subject area and do it for the experience but not with the expectation it will lead to career success.

2 Likes

Well, I’d like to tell about two investments of mine.
The first one is I regret that I bought Macy’s shares just before the outbreak of covid. I fel soo pathetic at that time and I didn’t even break even. I would also like to tell you about the investment I wish I did. It is about Tesla. I thought about buying tesla in 2019 in summer, when the stock price was pretty big but it was still affordable. However, I had lots of doubts about this company because there were so many risks associated with this whole sector and I decided to postpone the purchase.

I bought shares in an Irish telecom company state ran after the industry was deregulated .
Of course they were overstaffed outdated dirk practices do the shares tanked lol

So far I miss the time that I have wasted in adulthood by going to clubs and all to enjoy the lifestyle at the time when I was dependent on other’s income. I wish I have started trading earlier! Anyway now I tap my self by saying dont worry, what I had done was a learning and what I will do is the result of that learning. With same motivation now I get up and make some ticks over charts no matter how bad or good they are but yeah they are still the part of my learning journey and will remain forever!!! :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s fair. :open_mouth: When that time comes, I hope the definitions and “roads” to success have become less limiting. :sweat_smile:

I’m sorry about the Macy’s shares. :open_mouth: To be fair, in the early days of the pandemic, we didn’t really think that it would reach the extent it did and basically stop the world for over a year. :confused: And for the Tesla shares! That’s definitely a missed opportunity. :open_mouth: Would you consider buying some shares now?

Hahah! Love that you’re still very casual about it. :smiley: But what made you buy shares for that company in the first place? :sweat_smile:

OMG. I feel you. :sweat_smile: But I guess we can’t do anything else but make the most of our trading in the present. :blush: Good luck to us! Haha. :smiley:

1 Like

I have a list of them :smiley:

I think that would require the traditional education system to turn its back on the notion of churning out good employees.

We have time. :stuck_out_tongue: Hahahaha. Let’s talk about them :sweat_smile:

Well. :thinking: I’m not saying that’s impossible but… :sweat_smile: Imagine the purpose of the education system to be something not money-driven.

I’d love it if it wasn’t but at least in the UK the primary focus of schools is getting pupils to pass exams to justify the budget they get. I don’t think that is why people start teaching but that the politics of education are hard to evade for long.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind once students are leaving with a solid education and an openess to free inquiry with healthy and robust debate

1 Like

I am mostly into majors!

Caught up in the bad timing and of course, FOMO, while investing in bitcoin (where I bought some when it was ATH). But was able to manage the losses by buying some other good coins, which helps me to compensate those losses.