What's your favorite movie line?

“Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!” - Monty Python

It’s a TV show and not a movie, but it definitely applies to the situation… :slight_smile:

Monty Python did have a movie where they were in search of the holy grail. So king Arthur goes up to a castle held by some French guys and says “I am in search of the holy grail” and they say “We already have one”

of course everytime I see mention of holy grail in this forum I naturally think of that movie LOL

"I don’t want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. You don’t frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you " – French taunter

Isn’t that when they catapult sheep and cows instead of boulders over the castle wall?

Absolutely love that movie and everything else Monty Python did.

yep, flying cows! LOL

Taxi Driver (1976)

Travis Bickle: [Travis is trying his guns on the mirror] Huh? Huh?
[Draws]
Travis Bickle: Faster than you, ****ing son of a… Saw you coming you ****ing… ****heel.
[Reholsters]
Travis Bickle: I’m standing here; you make the move. You make the move. It’s your move…
[Draws]
Travis Bickle: Don’t try it you ****.
[Reholsters]
Travis Bickle: You talkin’ to me? You talkin’ to me? You talkin’ to me? Then who the hell else are you talking… you talking to me? Well I’m the only one here. Who the **** do you think you’re talking to? Oh yeah? OK.
[Draws]

just watched this clip on youtube, hilarious!

"I know what you’re thinking, punk.

You’re thinking "did he fire six shots or only five?"
Now to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement.

But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow you head clean off, you’ve gotta ask yourself a question:

“Do I feel lucky?” Well, do ya, punk?"

Clint Eastwood - Dirty Harry (1971)

BOPE-Tropa de Elite (2007) Elite Squad

Capitão Nascimento: [shouting, rubbing the student’s face in the blood-soaked body of a dead drug dealer] Put your face here. Put your face here. You see this, you see this hole right here? Who killed this guy here? WHO KILLED THIS GUY HERE?

Student: [stuttering in fear] I didn’t see it…

Capitão Nascimento: You didn’t see OF COURSE YOU SAW IT. SAY IT! SAY IT!

[he starts slapping the student in the face]
Capitão Nascimento: SAY IT! Who killed this guy here? WHO DID IT?

Student: [crying] I-it was one of you…

Capitão Nascimento: [shouting] THE F@CK “One of you”! THE F@CK “One of you”!
[slaps the student again]
Capitão Nascimento: YOU killed this guy here.
[slaps him again]
Capitão Nascimento: You faggot. It’s you who help fund this sh@t
[slaps him again]
Capitão Nascimento: . You f@cking pothead! You sh@t! All of this sh@t happens because of you.
Capitão Nascimento: [releasing and kicking the student] We come up here to clean this mess you make, you faggot!

I’ve seen that movie and it’s a really good one. To understand the quote I think one needs to know the full context.

“Merely a flesh wound” Monty Pythons Search for the Holy Grail

“Get him a body bag!” Karate Kid I

“Get busy living or get busy dying.” Shawshank Redemption

I think Twilight. From the very first part , this line of films really stuck in my heart. Even now, I enjoy watching it every now on the cable-free TV. So there is nothing will be interrupted, and the image quality is just great!

The name’s Bond, James Bond

“Remember, Red, hope is a good thing , maybe the best of things , and no good thing ever dies.”

The Shawshank Redemption

1 Like

And one more… as an architect of the matrix or as we call ourselves… code slingers. I guess my favorite quote of all time would have to be…
“Do you really think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus

1 Like

Rambo:

¨I could have killed 'em all. I could have killed you.

In town you’re the law, out here, it’s me

Don’t push it! Don’t push it, or I’ll give you a war you won’t believe!

Let it go. Let it go.¨

After that, the tough sheriff started breaking down crying. Great scene!

One shall stand. One shall fall.

Even in the future, nothing works.
From Spaceballs

1 Like

“When life gets you down, you know what you gotta do?
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.
What do we do? We swim, swim.”

Finding Nemo (one of my favourite movies)

1 Like

The most hilarious conversation ever imo:

Movie - Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

Jean Girard : Well, what have you given the world apart from George Bush, Cheerios, and the ThighMaster?

Ricky Bobby : Chinese food?

Cal Naughton, Jr. : Chinese food.

Jean Girard : That’s from China.

Ricky Bobby : Pizza.

Jean Girard : Italy.

Cal Naughton, Jr. : Chimichanga.

Jean Girard : Mexico.

Cal Naughton Jr. took a long pause before saying ‘Chinese food’, which made me roll on the floor loud :grinning: So dumb :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Oh my goodness! A thread from 2010? I felt like I travelled back in time :joy: anyways since the topic is suddenly active, I will add mine too.

“The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up.”

Movie name : Dumbo

imagesx

This line had been stuck in my head ever since I watched this movie!

1 Like