Wheat and Corn, u cannot eat forex

Hello dudes and chikens,

i wonder if anyone doing here COMMODITY, for example CORN and WHEAT, is here somebody who have experience with it?

anybody…

This is the place, to look, in the Commodities section of the forum: Commodities Oil and Gold - BabyPips.com Forex Trading Forum

But I doubt it very much.

It’s a beginners’ forex forum, and very few members have got enough funds here to trade commodities.

Manxx trades oil, but he’s the exception, not the rule. By the way, you can’t eat oil either. You can try to drink it, but that sort of oil won’t do you any good.

2 Likes

4 Likes

If you are studying commodities can I suggest first thinking about the CRB.

Then perhaps the next port of call is Dr Copper - often used as a bench mark not only of commodities but also economic health (hence it’s market nick of Dr)

Trading economics report a low on the CRB on Feb16, it was a DB from the previous month, maybe have a look at copper for the same months, then compare current weekly data.

Think of commodities in terms of general cpi, downward trend and decreasing cpi, now upward pressure etc etc.

Many people eat fx, food costs in UK have risen in recent months reflecting Eur/Gbp :slight_smile:

1 Like

Forgot the link, also Oanda offer most the commodities (XCUUSD = copper).

1 Like

thank you so much all of you! i really need to earn a lot, bcs i want to build undegroun for my girls where can i keep them.
so basic:

1. study CRB index
  2. Study Copper as is one of basic metal. - that should be as too for iron, coal, milk.

NOW QESTION:
where are commodities traded? bcs i tryed to find wheat on NASDAQ and so on, and there are Americna conr and wheat, france wheat, GB wheat…where is global market for this commodities?

To trade commodities themselves, you need huge capital (compared with what you need for spot forex).

To bet against a counterparty on commodity-prices (something very different, of course!) you can use a whole range of counterparty forex brokers who offer their own products.

Oanda would be a good place to look.

But be aware that you won’t actually be trading commodities or commodity futures: you’ll be doing the same thing that you do when you “trade forex” without any currencies actually changing hands at all, i.e. having a bet with someone on the price movements.

4 Likes

Yes I am! But, what is your question actually!

Is this your own brand Manxx :wink:

2 Likes

Two biggies are ICE and CME - there was talk last year of a merger to create a super exchange.

Some info here:

It’s a long, long story - first thing I’d do is read up on how/why there became a commodities exchange, learn it’s purpose. Read some life stories of the many traders in that market.

Later you will find that specific commodities have different fundamentals, I mentioned copper only because in history it’s price reflects world industrial usage (copper is used in many industries) and so it got called Doctor.

John Murphy had a good book that gave some insights on some of the metals (inter market analysis)
but there is a huge amount of information freely available.

Note that the bookie brokers’ prices are usually reflective of market prices, with the usual caveats attached on spreads and liquidity.

The CRB is very useful in reflecting prices and demand for commodities worldwide.

Here is a little thinking to start off on:
Commodities prices generally reflect supply/demand - oil prices were in decline from a peak in 2008 at 140.00 per barrel to 26.00 - two years ago.

From that time prices have steadily risen, some would argue reflecting the more stable economic outlook.

The low occurred in mid Jan 2016 and then mid Feb 2016 a lower low - at a time when there was incessant talk of $20.00 per barrel.

On Oanda use weekly charts:-

XCU/USD - the low was mid Jan, no repeat the following month - the good doctor was indicating an improvement the patient’s health

1 Like

More recent example of the good doctor’s prescription:

In 2017 xcu/usd low was printed early May, WTI continued to fall until mid June whilst the Doctor was showing price increases, WTI caught on and played catch up.

1 Like

Meant to add re the thread title and eating - or in this case the lack of, by 7 biscuits.

Eur/Gbp yet again in the news yesterday…

1 Like

thank you so much for your insight, and i heard that about milka choclate, inflation in size :smiley: price same for less grams :smiley:

1 Like

Lol, technically, you can buy stuff to eat with forex :wink: