When i read a candelstick, how to know if its low happend before its high?

I entered the trade at the low of the green candelstick targeting 5 pip down direction
and 5 pip stop lose upper direction. How to know what happend first exactly?? did it reach the 5 pip low direction first so i win the trade??? or does it reach the 5 pip upper so i lost the trade?? Iam backtesting my strategy so i need to know the history of this candelstick.

I am using 30 min timeframe.

check the 15 min chart

1 Like

So this is the only way?? checking lower time frame charts

Yes. You may even have to go to lower timeframes to see which way price went first. Also remember to take into consideration spread. You might think oh it didnt get to the low of the green candle but because of the spread it might have.

1 Like

Did you expect more?

With enough coding skills and a suitable platform, you can see everything you want in the current timeframe

1 Like

To check the low and high, 1st you can set up timeframes according to your requirement, 2nd you can just move your mouse pointer on the candle; it will show a small dialogue box stating open, close, low, and high prices. Also, the line above and below the candlestick shows the prices that the market went during that time.

Zoom in to see what happens on the lower timeframe. By the way why did you choose binary options broker?They are quite limited in analysis/risk-management functionality. Also they offer very unfair payouts, imo.

You can check for the lower time frame.

If you don’t want the bother of forensically drilling down to lower and lower time-frames to complete your back-testing results, just tally up the incidents when you are unsure of the initial direction and then allow 50% of them to be winners and 50% losers.

It seems that price on anything I can think of would have exactly a 50% chance of going up or down 5 pips before it goes down or up 5 pips.

Though that does raise a more fundamental question - you are frequently encountering a 50:50 opportunity and you only use a 1:1 risk:reward ratio, so can this really be a consistent winning strategy?

If you want to check that, you can go to lower time frames to see the ways that price is used first, and don’t forget to consider the spreads.