When should a trader be advised to stop

Not yet.

Absolutely. To be honest, there are days I procrastinate my trading. Often, I don’t feel like it. But I do it anyway. It’s not a burnout thing. Just laziness. Deep down, I’m a lazy person. It’s hard to stay excited when your balance keeps dropping.

But when I analyze my losses, I feel motivated and ready to trade!

How’s your trading going @stacy77 ?

My trading is going good, it’s a mix of profit and loss, since the European market is facing low decays and we can see that in our trading too. Also, I usually scalp major pairs.

1 Like

I believe that a trader should stop trading when he reaches the level of over-trading or impulse trading. Trading in emotions and excess trading leads a trader to losses.

I have never advised any trader to stop and give up on their dream, so I’m afraid I don’t have an answer to the question.
But, in my opinion, I think a trader should try to first keep patience and point out his mistakes. It is difficult to recognise your own mistake at a glance, but with careful and wise thinking, you can definitely find it. Once the mistake is found, the trader should take specific actions to rectify the wrong decisions he has been making all along. Focused correction is better and helps to improve faster.

Trading is a business if you fail to fully develop your skills for the professional quitting does not help. Our minds are the problem, not the market. Try prop firms if you lack the discipline. My advice is to have an idealistic picture of the perfect setup for every trade and use daily time frames so you will succeed.