When you can't help but compare

Definitely! :blush: But sometimes, it’s easier said than done. :sweat_smile: So I guess, this is something we’d have to work hard on to overcome. :pray: Good luck to us!

1 Like

Thanks for this tommor! :blush: I could see how a structured plan like this can help bring control and clarity to the direction we’re taking. :blush: The process seems simple, but once I get the hang of it, I’m sure it’ll be a life-changer. :blush: Super thank youuuu. :pray:

1 Like

Thank youuu! :blush: I’d like to think I have a working strategy, but it definitely needs to be updated. :sweat_smile:

Thank you Amy! :blush: The breaks really help clear my mind whenever I get moments where I compare my progress with others. I hope you’re also taking your much-deserved breaks! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Right? Maybe, just like what Mondeo has said in his response, it helps to accept that not everything we see from other people (showing off their results, etc.) are true. :open_mouth: And so, there’s no use dwelling on things that you can’t verify. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That’s also a good point. :thinking: But somehow, I would like to think a lot of people are succeeding and progressing with their own trading journey just so I could also hope to be one of them someday. :pray:

1 Like

Thank you so much for this Airpip! :blush: Tbh, it kinda helps me feel better knowing that I’m not the only one who feels these emotions. :sweat_smile: Taking a step back is something that I’ve also been doing (and at times, I think I take too many steps back HAHAHA).

Thank you for the support chimmy! :blush: I hope you’re doing great with your trading and bagging lots of pips! :blush:

Hello, here are my two cents. I often find myself in a similar condition, and I’ve found one thing that helps me a lot: I look at the (LONG!) road I’ve made since I started studying trading. I’m still learning, it’s a long journey, but I’ve learnt a lot and I suppose it’s the same for you and for anybody here. I ask myself: do you remember where you were only 1 year ago? 6 months ago? 3 months ago? How many things you didn’t know and now you know? How many things seemed so hard then and how you do them well now?
This helps me a lot because it puts everything into the right perspective.
And the best thing is to remember that, as someone said, comparison is the thief of joy.
I send you my best wishes, we all share the same journey and it’s wonderful that we can find someone who understands and helps here.

3 Likes

You’re welcome. yep, I take my breaks too :smile: Keep doing your thing

1 Like

I think that’s aa good way to go about it. :blush: Actually, I’ve recently stumbled upon a Tiktok video talking about comparison as the greatest thief of happiness. :sweat_smile: I’ve let myself be a victim for far too long. :sweat_smile: But looking at things through this perspective, I can definitely say I’ve grown quite a bit from the version of myself 3 years ago when I was just starting out. :blush: Thank youuuu!

1 Like

You toooo! :blush: Thanks again. :smiley:

Keep up the great work! :blush:

Its been 3 years now, as self taught, I view it as any apprenticeship, it puts things in prospective. And as I look back, I realise how far I’ve come.

1 Like

Hi @ria_rose , here is the way Bob Volman advises beginners (I read it often as in the search for better skill I consider myself a forever beginner) …perhaps it might lift your spirit:
“Trade only these setups that you can truly justify with heart and soul. If you are uncertain whether to display aggression or prudence, simply opt for a more conservative mode. As time goes by, your skills will sharpen.”
Best wishes.

2 Likes

Thanks for a great quotation. I also keep going back to Volman and re-reading! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes, I think anyone interested in price action analysis would do well to study his many recommendations :+1:

2 Likes

They’re not, they’re gaslighting you, I’ve seen all the numbers and even those that pass prop trading at best only 1% make a “living wage”, which is not $100,000s but the lower end, I’ve seen traders to prove a point using hedge fund systems make 10% per trade with under $10k capital on massive leverage.

Actually they just hooked the same algos that run hedge fund capital in to MT4/5, to prove some kind of point, not seen it but apparently it’s to show even if the poor man has access to the best of the best most wouldn’t succeed because they couldn’t follow the rules, I can tell you with the crypto hedge funds I’ve dealt with that they won’t go above 70-100%/yr because for them it’s impossible.

This kind of stuff makes me persona non grata but I don’t care, I’ve turned down hedge fund contracts because they never pay you, they just want the strategy to be able to say it’s an in-house gig, the world is cheap and if you have something that works they’ll never pay you for it, I heard a story the past months some guy wanted access to $25,000/yr training for $500 and be given the $50k/yr backup career (which kicks in when $10k fees were received) that allows them to be paid a Masters graduate salary after a month of training, it’s not complicated to know what the end of that story was.

No one tells the truth any more, it’s too expensive for anyone who doesn’t have money or education, and most of the time they also don’t do it because money makes more money which is the “Golden Metric” for life, apparently :grinning:

1 Like

Yeah, it can be tough indeed. But we’ve got this :muscle: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you always, chimmy! :blush: