When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

Oh wow! You’re really persistent in achieving your dreams. Congratulations and good luck on becoming a full time trader! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words @baemax023!

I somehow agree too but sometimes I also think of the adverse effects technology has on kids.

Nothing. I still haven’t finished University and need to get back to University. But I am likely to become a video game developer or computer programmer.

I’ve never at any point had a real clue what I want to do. I studied aeronautical engineering because I thought it would be interesting (it wasn’t). I’ve now been doing a job for 10 years that I enjoy, but I don’t want to do it forever.

I started investing in shares in 2008 and have had an interest in investing/trading since then. I knew about forex, but never really thought about it until I was planning an app I wanted to write to analyse stock markets and was looking for somewhere that I could get market data from. Up popped metatrader and had the capability to do what I wanted, but for currencies and not stocks. I started learning about forex to try and program my idea.

I don’t really want to be a full time trader, I think it’s too much pressure and would rather do it as a hobby and hopefully subsidise my income.

Sometimes it’s not that you’re interested in a subject per se (like becoming a lawyer, doctor, cashier, etc) but when you think of what you like to do, a type of behavior emerges. It’s that you like to manage people, or connect people, or do thorough analysis. In your case, it seems you like to build/develop new things to get customized information.
Also, it’s interesting to see you’re not in for the thrills of getting rich but for learning about the process and analyzing information. I think this is a great approach and will make it easier for you to maintain your health in the long run.

1 Like

just an adult, really

Good luck with that!! :clap:

Ahh, yeah! I thought of that too when I was a kid. But now that I’m adult, there are times I wish I’m back being a kid again.