Where are the Forex Millionaires/Billionaires?

Wow…my instructors in the Army just did cocaine and cussed alot. :stuck_out_tongue:

That sounds like the GS 5 ones

Ok,they are not gonna say for lots of security reasons, but some webb sites folks will,but as for me,if I can earn or average 100 to 300 a week Im happy,I dont have enough in an account to risk to play the 5 or 10 lot game on several pairs,I keep it simple, lot of folks come and go in forex and some that go knew alot more then others. Its a gambling thing to me, voodoo sometimes when the rules u apply dont work and directions change when some nut case in Europe or here starts unloading yen or usd or some other sh*&lmnop thing and u get left holding some bag of nothing,but for the most part I have fun at it,but I keep it realllll small, I dont use it for a living,just funny money for now,its more fun that way for me,Sky

They were something else, I’ll tell you that. The only thing I felt they inspired me to be was lazy. LOL

LOL… Pip4Breakfast… compared to me you are a youngin. 1956 was a good year!:wink:

I am a future millionaire at the market of Foreks. Main to put on your own a purpose and to go to it.

I am one.

I started trading the stock market at 15 years old. By 18 I moved to trading Forex. I had made a decent amount of money in stocks, around $18k.

When I started Forex I opened a $1k account, doubled it in 1 week, margin called it the second. I done pretty much the same think with the next $1k account. The I opened another $1k account and grew it into $10k, I added in $10k from my savings.

Long story short now my account is worth $900,000

Can I borrow 1k? Lol just kidding…though I am curious as to what method or system you use?

hahaha, here is my method:

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/17486-nick-b-method-4hr-gbp-jpy-100-pips-p-w.html

I looked at your system, i.e. the summary in your post, and you pretty much do the same as I do. Candlestick and s/r analysis is the way to trade.

I’m pretty sure there are millionaires trading Forex, I just don’t believe they are using this forums, at least not anymore, they should be busy counting their money and trading to make more.
I’m not one of them yet, but I’m on my way, hehe.

This is good information. Right now i am still learning and evaluating my trades. It is a great hobby right now and hope to turn it into a part time/full time job. I do agree that diversification is always a great idea. If this does become a job for me there will always be some other type of income stream, something more long term. I have been involved in real-estate and that will probably be the long term investments that I funnel profits into.

Keep your wheels on the ground.

If someone told you that they were a Forex millionaire over the internet, wouldn’t your first inclination be to disbelieve? I would be [U]immediately suspicious[/U] of anyone who is broadcasting their wealth online.

Now, put yourself into the shoes of a Forex millionaire. Would you want everyone to know it? Would you tell everyone about it?

I know and talk to regularly several traders that I think are probably millionaires but they never tell, and I never ask! Them telling me anything like that could introduce an element of disbelief or doubt into our relationships so why do that?

Just be content with this: It has been done, and can be done.

I think your last point summarizes why this question keeps popping up. As traders we work sort of in an “island” of sort. Very little interaction outside of posts in forums and our few trader friends who are more or less at the same level. So I guess the root question of this entire forum is that

“Is it possible to be a forex millionaire?”

Ill let some with far more experience than me answer that one. Let me say tho as a newbie. The odds are against you.

Well this is a very interesting thread. To answer your question, yes, there are absolutely traders who have become millionaires trading forex. I personally know of two. The guy that got me into forex has a few accounts spread out that add up right at around one million. I’ve seen the accounts. They are real and looking at them makes me green with envy. The guy that got him into forex is a multi-millionaire. I’ve been to his house, seen the accounts and its ridiculous. I personally have tripled my account and I’ve been trading live well under a year (demo’d for a long time). If your real question as a newbie is “can [B]I[/B] become a millionaire from forex” then the answer is yes, but you have to be obsessed with forex and have a constant appetite to learn. Both of those guys research, research research…on systems, strategies, world markets, etc. They’re constantly perfecting their art. They each have very different systems that they stick too. They don’t chase the market and get impatient. As a newbie, you will quickly find that it is not forex that you need to master, its yourself you need to master. You’ve got every tool in the world to make an intelligent entry. But once you press the enter button on a LIVE trade, what will you do? Will you start to second guess your indi’s, charts, MA’s, pivots, fib levels? Will you realize that its your real hard earned money that has a minus sign in front of it in the terminal? Will you prematurely close the trade because you can’t stand to see your real money decrease only to see the trade went the way you thought it was going to go in the first place? Will you revenge trade on emotion chasing after losses? Entry is science, exit is art. Unfortunately, you’re probably going to have to bust a couple of accounts at first before you get your sea legs. And if you learn from busting those accounts and you come back for more, then the skies will part and you’ll experience an increasing balance every month. Next thing you know, you’ve got some years under your belt and a good sized account with a bright future on the horizon. That’s a very long-winded way of saying, yes you can do it, no it won’t be easy, but stick with it, keep learning and never give up and forex will make you rich. Pipbull!:cool:

1 Like

yes there are forex millionaires, it is unanimously decided by those who have replied this thread. there are also countless others that have lost money so that the said people can become millionaires :slight_smile:

may we all strive and succeed to become good at the game we play. never forget discipline and keeping your emotions in check.

Thanks Pipbull821 for your very interesting comments. I�m sure that there are a lot of newbie members that have been desperately wanting to hear these words of hope. Not necessarily to become a millionaire or rich overnight but to feel that it is really worth the time and effort studying every aspect of trading Forex.
Following Nick�s advise on demo accounts. I have decided that the time has arrived to open a live account but there is one thing that worries me more than others. I have read on numerous occasions, this thread included, that many people blow their first and second accounts. (Including Nick!) I really dont want to do this (that�s what my demo accounts were for haha!)and would appreciate any advise on how to avoid it, apart from following Nick�s system which I intend to do.
Nick says that he trades 1% of his account. Would this be a sensible amount for an account of 1000� too?

1% is a great money management rule of thumb. But for you that is only 10euro risk for each trade. Even with a minilot thats only 10-15 pips of movement you are allowed to work with. In today’s volatility, that keeps you from trading anything bigger than a 5min chart. That’s fine but on a retail platform, trading a lot (like on a 5min chart), will be very costly on your bottom line and could keep you from being profitable. If you find a broker with microlots (1000 size contracts), then you’d have a lot more room to work with your trades.

I opened a live account at the beginning of Oct. with $250.00. The system I had been testing had been performing exceptionally well. The night before I placed my first live trades, my demo account made $150 on a $250 account. Unfortunately, the entire rest of the week, that particular system flopped and by the end of the week I was down to $2.50. One account down. Did I “learn” anything from it? I guess just that no matter how well a system may do, there are times it loses and if that happens at the very start, there’s not much you can do about it.

The biggest thing I took away from it was learning to be patient. On a $250 account I don’t need to make $150/day. $25/week would be fine, if I can do it in a day, even better. I saw a couple of different times during the “crashing week” where I had gained 10%, only to come back later and see that all the pairs had retraced before the set TP and hit the SL. If I had closed everything at +10% things would be a lot different now. I didn’t, though, but I’m not bitter and I’m certainly not going to “revenge trade” to try to make everything back faster. I took some time to learn more (as I will always continue to do) and try out some new strategies.

I figure that I can buy well over $250 worth of groceries over the course of a few months that end up rotting in the fridge so if I blow that much trading, sure it would be great if it didn’t happen, but I’m not going to file bancruptcy over it. I put $100 more into the account and am doing better now (still had a few backwards days due to my own stupidity). I’ve posted this before and will continue to repeat it as it is some of the best advice I’ve read: Set a daily/weekly goal and once you hit it, STOP TRADING! 100% of the time that I’ve broken this rule I went further back than I had gone ahead. I’m not talking about necessarily closing every trade you have open when you hit that mark…that’s what trailing stops are for…let your profits run. But once everything is closed, the only thing you’re doing by placing more trades is increasing your chance for losing. The inverse of this is just as important: you need a similar goal for losses and once you’ve lost that much, call it quits for the day/week.

bkr 1969 highlights alot of tips that is beneficial to everyone especially those new to trading. “revenge trading” is a common thing, and i heard from a banker friend that if a particular trader is having a bad run, he’s ordered to take a break from trading for the day. you may view it as an ‘unlucky day’ or not, but truth is that trying to ‘win back what you lost’ tends to cloud your trading rules and you jump in at the earliest opportunity without careful consideration.

also about the daily/weekly goal, it is something i have yet to decide upon; reason being that if your style of trading is working in the current market situation, then ride it. however i do feel that once you have reached your goal you should protect your profits (so trade with whatever extra you have made).