Where can I find a good forex mentor?

Hi, I’ve been trading for about 3 months now and I’m doing alright. However, I feel like I would excel a lot more and faster if I had a good mentor guiding me through the process and teach me their successful forex strategy. Ideally someone who will do a 1-2-1, help me build a plan according to my daily structure and who is transparent.

Let me know if you know any good mentos or websites

Don’t be in so much of a rush. If you are serious about being a successful trader you have much to learn. Remember Rome was not built in a day.

Study the babypips material and try to understand what trading is all about. Then try to demo trade and try to work out what kind of a trader you want to be. At this stage I doubt that you would be able to say for sure exactly how you want to trade.

Everyone talks about a strategy as if you find the perfect money making strategy that you trade all the time and the dollars just roll in. That is fanciful. It does not exist. Many have looked for the holy grail and have gone broke looking for it.

There are a number of very good mentors and courses available but until you know whether you are a position trader or a swing trader or a scalper or a discretionary trader or a mechanical trader, partnering you with the right mentor is impossible.

Go to work. Study hard. The journey will be very long.

Cheers

Blackduck

1 Like

That means you’ll have to pay that mentor on a regular basis till you are ready to let go. Correct?

Lets say you are a very good golfer. You pay your coach ie mentor to help you with your game. His guidance sees you win tournaments and make money. Enough money for you to not only pay him but put money in your pocket. Why wouldn’t you think that a good trading mentor would be the same??

Cheers

Blackduck

1 Like

Hi sarastudenna. It’s hard to find someone who would be willing to share their time with you, the forum is full of such threads. I have yet to come across someone willing to offer such a service. So, instead of waiting around you should attempt educating yourself and practicing.

1 Like

Welcoooome! :blush: I see that you’re very determined to learn so that’s great. :smiley: But I would have to agree with what the others have said here. :open_mouth: You can take your time getting to know the basics for now. Try demo trading on the side, and interacting with members here maybe? :slight_smile: Cause you might also pick up strategies from people here. :blush: If you feel like you still need a mentor after that, there are lots of veterans here. :slight_smile: But I bet it’s not gonna be free. :open_mouth:

Hi Blackduck,

Thank you for your reply

I have finished all of babypips, been watching many videos, reading books and been trading demo pretty much every day.

I would rather have someone who already went through the same process help me to move past it quicker. When I learned to drive;
i didn’t try to figure out how to drive myself, I payed for driving lessons for someone experienced to guide me.

I have a busy lifestyle as I work in sales, so I’ve been trading day and swing. I have so much to learn and I’m not rushing anything, I know it’s a difficult process

Hence my decision to invest in a mentor

Having a mentor is of course very helpful but it can also lead to copying another trader’s strategy completely, without developing your own ever. Instead of trying to find a guide I would suggest spending long hours in understanding different trading strategies and back testing them. If already in 3 months you’re doing alright then I don’t think you have much reason to worry. It took me almost a year to get to a position where I was somewhat content with my profits. And before that, I practiced for about 6 months on demo accounts of various brokers including Saxo Bank, Fxview and Oanda. So have patience, as long as you’re not losing terribly all the time, and that too for an awful long period of time, you’re in a good place.
Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Forex Mentor is important, there is no way to ignore, but honestly speaking most of them are found to be scams.

I think it is worth having a trading mentor. A trading mentor has years of experience and has most likely made all the same mistakes as you. Therefore, he can steer you in the right direction. He will also give you a different perspective on your trading. Coming to your actual question, I will suggest you go with word of mouth. It is important to find a mentor who has a good trading history so that you know you are under the right guidance. Cheers

I read about your experience, and i agree with what you said, mentors are definately important for you to excel. Here are a few websites you can visit for the same, TheForexTradingCoach.com. and Forex Mentor PRO.

I have been trading for a long time now, these are websites i personally use, you can check them out, they’ll surely be of some help to you TradersAcademyClub.com
LearnToTradeTheMarket.com

There are many places out there you can learn Trading by yourself. Just be careful with Mentors as most of them are con artists

It is nice to know that you have got a hang of trading, but you do not necessarily need a mentor to assist you. You have to continue to wooden your learning horizon, you will be good to go. But if you really want one, be cautious about them. Good Luck!