Where is forex in your list of priorities?

3 years trading :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve been doing day-trading for 5 years, spent 2-3 hours a day for it, interested in economic and politics and use market to see how good I’m at guessing next development.

1 Like

That’s niceee! :smiley: Happy for you and I hope you continue to bag them pips! :blush:

Oooh. :open_mouth: I’m always very excited to interact with other more experienced traders here! :smiley: I feel like I can learn a lot just by talking to you guys. Hahaha. What do you mean when you said that you see “how good you are at guessing the next development?” :thinking:

How’s it going lately? any profits in there?

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for asking :blush: last year was good year - 100% return. Unfortunately, then at the beginning of this year I was betting on oil and copper dropping and EUR/CHF going up… I though technicals were pointing towards that. Then obviously Russia invaded Ukraine and blasted that plan out of the water. Since then I’ve been concentrating on mitigating against losses. Hope to be profitable again by mid year! Thankfully I’m not down - I’m evens, but lost about £25K worth of profit. I was slow to react because during the first 24 hours of the invasion oil and copper didn’t increase in price - it actually went down a bit - some sort of delayed reaction. So I didn’t adjust my positions as quickly as I should have.

1 Like

Forex is probably the most profitable hobby you can ever potentially have in your life. It is just like any other hobby, like a sport, a music instrument, or even a poker game. It just gives you the “endorphins” or the “feel good” chemicals in your brain. It is not that you don’t need money or money is not important, but what is important is you can find a way to make money out of it. No man has ever been poor by investing. It’s a part of my lifestyle now.

1 Like

25k worth of profit is a lot. :open_mouth: I hope you get to earn that back in the coming months. :pray: Apart from EURCHF, what other currencies do you trade?

1 Like

That’s an interesting way to put it! :blush: And somehow, I can relate to this perspective, especially since forex isn’t my main source of income at the moment.

Only EUR/CHF these days. If I were to choose another it’s prob be EUR/GBP. V strong support around GBP parity with EUR. Similar in that respect to EUR/CHF.

I agree - I see it as a game of skill and luck. Just one with v high stakes / need to play carefully. I think comparison to poker is a good one.

Under family and personal and work obligations, during the week, it is what I focus on with free time before doing any other activity like video games.

So to rank them more most to least time/working memory:

1. Family needs
  2. Personal things (self care, exercise, reading etc)
  3. Work obligations
  4. Financial tasks (forex, stocks, crypto)
  5. Time wasting (tv, video games etc.)
1 Like

If you feel emotions from trading then you’ve likely fallen into the trap of gambling. Trading is routine consisting mostly of coding, analyzing fundamental information, backtesting strategies. As per my experience, time spent for making trading decision takes no more than 10% of the time I spend on trading

Wow! That’s amazing.

I think it’s great you write it down. Makes it more real.

I think I’m learning this more and more. Consistency. Don’t take too much time away, or you’re working against yourself. Make it a habit.

Cross pairs have higher spreads however their price action is similar to EURUSD or other majors, especially if you trade using technical analysis. Why to pay more??

1 Like

I am also like you. Forex comes second in my priority list because I am a part time trader with a full time job. We just need to make sure that we fully focus on trading while we are at it. You can stay profitable as a part time trader and that is the best thing about forex.

Forex is my top most priority at this point. I was just a learner for quite some time and started making consistent profits only recently. So I am trying to refine my skills and become a better trader every day.

1 Like

Forex is something that I am most interested in and being a newbie i really like going through the charts on a regular basis.

Right now second as I trade for a passive income.

I would at the priority. It is something which is really very fascinating yet intersesting way to earn money.