Which Forex Broker

So I am new to Forex trading. I’ve finished the babypips course and I am ready to open a demo account to practice. I am looking for a good one. At first I was looking at Trading212, but apparently it wasn’t very reputable. Then I tried AvaTrader, I liked it but apparently plus500 was better. I was just about to start using plus500 then I see so many youtube videos saying they are scams etc.
Now I have no idea which one to pick.
I quite still like the look of plus500 and AvaTrader but are there better ones?
For more information:
I am a beginner
Looking to trade small - (£500 deposit)
Looking to day trade
live in the UK

Lots of good info and reviews on brokers can be found by searching these forums.

Best of luck to you

Thank you guys
I decided to go with Ava
Now I’m trying to develop a strategy.
I’m not sure if I should day trade or swing trade they both appeal to me

Develop a strategy that suits your lifestyle. If you can only check your trades at the end of the day, then go for swing trading. If you have a lot more time to monitor your trades, then look for day trading strategies.

2 Likes

okay thanks, I guess I will go for day trading, just that when school starts again then I will not be free in the morning til the afternoon but after then it’ll be okay.
How much time do you roughly need to day trade, like is starting at 3pm and ending whenever okay?

Yes that would be fine. You don’t need to be trading throughout the day to be profitable, you just need to identify the setups, trade when the opportunity shows itself and stop when you can’t find any opportunities. Don’t go looking for trading opportunities when there are none as it can be a dangerous path to go down. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice
What I am doing now is trying to wait for moving averages to cross over hinting a trend and using stochastic + RSI to confirm this continuations/reversals. Sometimes even though I get a buy signal with 4 indicators (Parabolic SAR, RSI, Stochastic, Moving averages) I lose money. However, I do think this was because there were news events, so now I am trying to trade when there are no news events

hello im using TICKMILL i think you have to try.

2 Likes

Hello
You can search for a broker on google, on forums, and forex sites reviews. This allows you to know the opinions of the traders who have to use the services

I have used pluse500 and i believe them to also be scam. I don’t want to go into all the details as its the usual stuff you read. I would recommend a broker that does micro lots so you don’t blow your account. I myself am using FXTM at present and am happy so far.

1 Like

Hi traders!
I’m also new to forex. For now I’ve started with TopBrokers.com
It’s okay to trade with them
So I recommend you to get also with this company. I’ve withdrawn my income already to card, so it’s comfortable to use them.
But I have also questions. If you start with some broker for the beginner program, should you change the trading conditions after the doubling of the deposit?
Because I’ve doubled it, and nobody is hurrying me to change the account status. I think it’s normal, but what is the situation with another companies, not my? (I work with TopBrokers.com, who’ve forgotten )

And your broker is us-regulated?

I found this on their site

not sure if they are but just send them a email

I don’t like Us-regulations. They seem to be stupid for me. To many questions about my level of income, experience and bla-bla-bla. I want just to trade and to have profit. Also to be provided with signals. And not to fill up declaration before withdrawing

By filling questionnaire you help broker to estimate your qualification, will your trading generate enough commission, can you afford losing your money and not get into financial strains.
Professional brokers always ask traders to provide these data, because not every man can be their client especially where high risk and money are involved.

Be careful not to overload on certain types of indicators. RSI and Stochastic are oscillators so unless you use them very differently or with different period settings, they usually paint the same overbought/oversold picture.

Keep refining your strategy, feel free to run ideas by me :slight_smile:

Thank you very much
Please can you check my other post.
Ill take what you said on board

It is vital that we are careful with our selection of broker since it is something that is meant to make noticeable difference, so that’s why we have to pick it on the mark. It’s easier under broker like OctaFX who are regulated by FCA and also have excellent conditions around including low spreads from 0.1 pips to high leverage up to 1.500 while there are over 70 instruments to pick out from and helps in every possible way for me.