Who has wiped out several times?

me too…and than…back to School of Pipsology (again). Now…I am ok…growing up…

Hi. Do you have an active Darwin listed on the Darwinex Exchange?

Wiping out an account is like crashing your car. Maybe that car is a write-off, but your driving can go on. And maybe next time you’ll be more careful.

i think i lost like 8k in a span of 2 years. i never really demo traded just cos in my own opinion i figured i need to be able to overcome my emotions and execute the trades just like it would be a demo, and that can only happen with a live acount. in demo the emotions aren t there, no matter how much u stick to the plan etc…i knew i wanted to trade full time so that was my plan and reasoning. and now even more i think that s the key to consistency, being able to keep ur emotions and thoughts in check and just execute the trades when u see them.

1 Like

Hi Andre,

Yes i have the ticker is NIR.

The way Dariwnex works is that you only get x% of my trades meaning the profit % seen there does not match my actual % gain. Thats why i added it on MQL5.

But feel free to follow me :wink:

I´m almost always down the first trading days but at the end of month i almost always end up in + :slight_smile:

1 Like

you can take it as an apprenticeship, with this you can stop a little and look carefully at each step you are going to take

1 Like

can you please share the names of some of the books that helped you so we can also download and read.

1 Like

Personally started by “trading” Binary Options(one minute expiries) and I lost a tone of money, Initially found Forex very boring (esp. Swing Trading). I haven’t blown up any real accounts and I don’t expect to but who knows. In Forex find still emotions influential but more manageable.
Who knew that trading one minute Binary Options and losing money there would be useful later on?

1 Like

I have been this situation with thousands of dollars (almost 60 K) went to drain during the last 4 years
. Still I could not figure out which one is a right strategy for consistent profitable trade

Love this! I needed this motivational post, as I have learned that straying from a strategy that worked due to greed is a great way to wipe out big time. And I always think about the “money” so your perspective on just being consistent and not thinking about money is something I really need to practice. Thank you so much for sharing this update.

I blew an account in the derivatives market. Transitioned to the currency market to learn how to trade a simpler way before getting back into that game. So far, have not blown any other accounts.

1 Like

There are a lot of traders who experience this so don’t worry about it. You are not alone in this. Just try to stay focused.

1 Like

For 4 times I went lost $1000s and then recovered.
At the moment I am once again in loss, I lost 33% of my initial capital, but I am confident I can recover again.
I’ve opened another account where I am trading very small positions (total equity no more than 2%) and guess what, I am earning more than the best moment playing with large positions.
Money management is paramount!!!

1 Like

Good Information, Newcomers can learn a lot from this information.

Risk is the most integral part of trading. Even I have wiped out my account several time and feels horrible. I feel if I can reduce the risk to minimum, I can always manage the trading situation.

How to make a profit if you can’t secure the money invested. Risk must be maintained to make a profit. I use a 1: 2 risk-reward ratio in every trade.

There are a lot of traders who experience this so don’t worry about it. You are not alone in this. Just try to stay focused.

It is okay to lose at times. It is a part of trading. Just try to focus on your risk management and money management.

I wouldn’t say blown accounts but I’ve certainly lost huge chunks of accounts that I wouldn’t have done with proper risk management!

1 Like

We all have been there. We have not been profitable traders always. We lost but we kept trading. I learnt risk management and money management to save my money from losing. Until now, the skills have worked and so, I would say that focus on improving your skills so that you can make profits in the market.