Who to trust when it comes to strategies?

I relied on one trader who promised % profitability if I’ll buy his strategy. As a result I paid the money but the strategy was unprofitable.

1 Like

I think you will find that is very normal.

Even those who advertise “Free” strategies - usually have an “Inner group” where you have to pay money to learn the “Real strategy” - Then many have another more expensive " Inner circle"

Do not trust anyone who is giving away “Free money” - It is not true !

1 Like

To be honest…Trading plans are very personal as well as strategies. I wouldn’t trust anyone. Until you reach the point where you can construct effective strategy I suggest keep experimenting and recording what you see, eventually you will formulate a strategy and plan to trade it.

Copying someone else’s strategy is always a bad idea. I am not against replicating but you may have to be in an environment where you can see everything the best traders do and this is not easy. You can sit right nest to a guy in prop and he doesn’t even look at you like ever, let alone talk to you other than when you are both grabbing a coffee… This is a selfish business.

2 Likes

Trust yourself!
And yes backtest.

1 Like

You should trust no one but yourself, but we could really use the help others provide and make the final decision ourselves. For instance, you are here because you know others can help and not because you want them to make decisions for you.