Why 100% accuracy means your about to lose big: If you can't take a small loss, you won't take a big loss and you will end up being forced to take a massive loss!

yes it has been a very sticky path for me. I am three trades off that 100%! proof positive that you cant stay 100% forever without misclicking @Trendswithbenefits :smiley:

2 Likes

spolier, I am not about to lose big :stuck_out_tongue: change your thinking and you can actually change your trading. Be careful what you believe to be true about trading, if you believe lies, it will be like shooting yourself in the foot and trying to walk. I am very sorry that the truth about trading upsets so many people.

1 Like

Thanks for the link to the explanation from last year.

However, if you respond to a loss from failed long by opening a short thatā€™s twice the size, donā€™t you also need to be ready to open a long thatā€™s now 4 times the size in case of a second reversal, then a short thatā€™s 8 times the size if that reversal reverses?

Alright, I exaggerate, but thatā€™s the logical extension, please show me Iā€™m wrong.

I missed this mention. Iā€™ll be reviewing that this week. Thanks for sharing, Trends!

1 Like

Why people go for a big loss at once? when they try to get all money in one trade they are actually high risk they do not know market can act both sides either in favor or against. Must trained yourself for challenges with small risks. You will know how market treats a trader and where he is going wrong. Never anyone can make 100% accuracy in analysis or getting targets.

really never?!? thats 947 winners out of 950 trades, be assured the account was 100% for quite sometime before a loss was incurred. and frankly there isnt much difference between 99.68% and 100% just 3 trades on 950, nine hundred and fifty, not 9.5

Well done; keep hunting! Hope, you are very aware of money management rules! All the best.

1 Like

here was my trading day today, this is today only, this was my best live account today, they all made $ today! :smiley:

I know not 100% heh! but close! :stuck_out_tongue:

Bet you got a sore finger now though. He he

1 Like

I read this thread with interest.

The whole consensus seems to be around protecting your capital.

I rarely ever use a stop loss, and have been trading for years. A trader once told me, only put in what you can afford to lose, and that is exactly what I do.

Why would anyone put their life savings into their account.

There are times, like right now, with Brexit - where you can bank big and hard. This is the time you could make enough money to see you through Christmas and some.

I can only post the very recent P/L and as you can see, you only need a few big ones. This was a good week, but I average 4k a week anyway.

I have no idea how people can day trade and make $200 or $300 bucks and think it was a good day, especially if youā€™re stuck at the screen 9-5, thatā€™s basically a job.

Have to agree with a lot of this.

Was taught not to trade with the amateurs from day one.

A lot of brokers and forums have a conflict of interest.

Industry Standard Forex Education is absolute BS - you will never make meaningful money.

1 Like

it all comes down to measuring your success in an intelligent way, and for informed traders that is done by calculating your percentage gains, per day, per week, per month per year etc.

$200-$300 a day is a good day if your account size is $2000 to $3000, then thats a 10% GAIN/day.

consistancy is the key, obviously., and hind site is always 20/20.

3 Likes

I am interested to see this account after one year! Hope, then youā€™ll share too.

1 Like

you said you CANT see how people make that day trading? To be honest, that would be loveee to me just starting out. Thatā€™s amazing if any trader is able to earn that much each day

1 Like

I will one day be at that level where Iā€™m making thousands a day, but in the meantime Iā€™m fine with getting even $100 a day,gotta start somewhere

2 Likes

Story of my life. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

I think people think too much about position size, risk award, only 1% investment of the account and so on , and they forget the most important thing (to my mind the most imp.thing): a reliable entry exit sytem

in my childhood i liked to be an indian rather than a cowboy, maybe thats the reason why i am a fan of scalpingā€¦:rofl:

its not so importat to make 100 pips a day, its more important to make 10 pips every but with probability of 99%! Thats enough to become a millionaire within a monthā€¦:smile:

Yesterday i read the threat concerning " winner/looser ratio and loosing trades are normal and so on"-well, no doubt it is normal, but its also possible to filter out all your entries, and only take in the future the best ones-those patterns, which bring you at least half a pip if you exit very fast. This threat gave me the motivation to test very exactly my trading for one day (8:00 in the morning until 11:30, and 16:00 untill 19:00) with full concentration, doing nothing beside it (like playing online chess, watching every minute the charts and back to chess, reading stories or watching the selling of ebay items)ā€¦ and only observing the markets. Live scalping /day trading is a lot of stress!

The result was a day without loosers, because i realy took no risky trade, (exept the last one) and this broker gives low spreads ( 0,5 pip on EUR/USDā€¦), for my trading style ideal.

What i want to say is not that i found the holy gral, this is just a case study, but that it is possible to cut the loosing trades against zero if you have a good entry/exit sytem.

As i have no other things to do tomorrow between 08:00 and 08:30, between 12:00 and 18:00 as well, i will try it also that way to proove for myself that cutting the loosing trades near zero is possible,under certain conditions. Lets see what will happen:money_mouth_face:

1 Like

That is a valid point.

What I was trying to get across was, people day trade 9-5 everyday, which is the same as a normal job, the only difference being the reward.

If youā€™re earning $100 a day working a job and $300 day trading 9-5 that might be more than enough for most - even then how many traders do you know that make $300 a day consistently?

Forex shouldnā€™t just be seen as an income stream alone, but a means to live a lifestyle on your terms.

You donā€™t want just financial freedom surely, you want time.

I hear what youā€™re saying, when I started out trading, I was trading Brent oil and Crude Oil, and making Ā£50 to Ā£70 a day.

You have to start somewhere, but all I see is the same traders stuck at the same level for years.

You have to keep evolving, learning and testing.

2 Likes

Agreed, not helped by the fact that they seem to think that a 100% win rate, or anywhere near is actually both achievable and maintainable.