Why 99% of Retail Day Traders Lose?

The figure itself reveals how many people want to earn money quickly. Greediness and rushy nature often make them lose. They want to earn money right now, at this particular moment, which is not possible. How can one earn without knowledge and skills? They just want to trade because they want to trade. Their only motivation for that is money, quick money, and that is never possible.

1 Like

Traders lose mainly because they are unable to control their emotions and make trading decisions under the influence of emotions leading to bad decisions and losing.

I’ll throw a wild suggestion out there, the reason most people lose money is because of the focus on money management.

Ok, that’s not the reason on its own, but that combined with leverage is the reason. Most people are drilling home not to risk more than 2% on a trade, which means you need small position sizes or tight stops. Small position sizes means you get bored of small wins and start to chase bigger wins, tight stops means death by a million stop losses.

I doubt anybody in here will agree with me, but my strategy is big position sizes trying to catch a big move in the general trend direction, when I get it right, I make a big percentage of the account in one day. When I get it wrong, it’s often because I don’t move a stop to break even when I got a big move and it reversed whilst I was doing something else. I do get a lot of smallish losses if the market doesn’t quickly go my way, but the wins are so big in comparison that a 33% win rate is profitable.

Most of the traders fail, because they dive into unprofitable strategies and their money management is bad.

You are right; most of the new traders are greedy; they want instant success! As a result, they don’t focus on their learning process!

I agree that greed is a major factor resulting in many people perishing in this forex ocean but for me personally it is IMPATIENCE that I have found to be most challenging.

Because there is a lack of knowledge about the market as well as an appropriate understanding of it. It is possible to secure a spot in the top 10% of traders by gaining proper knowledge and a deep understanding of the market.

Maybe you have to be abit of a lateral thinker to be a trader

Why retail traders lose is because they don’t take the market seriously. They think it to be just another form of gambling or any other luck-based activity. If they don’t think that way, then, too, they think of it without seriousness.

Everyone wants easy and quick money in the forex market, but the forex market does not work that way. Those traders who leave forex shortly after starting trading are the ones who do not know how to trade and how the market functions. Traders equate forex with gambling, and that’s where they miscalculate everything and lose.

The big portion or the traders lose in the market due to lack of proper knowledge and understanding of the market. To win in the market it is essential to gain and improve your knowledge of the market and currencies.

There are many reasons behind the majority of retail traders losing. They either quit trading too early and don’t give themselves enough time for learning after losses. Or they keep on repeating the same mistakes again and again in their trades. Those who can identify their mistakes in time will surely be at an advantage.They are more likely to succeed and become profitable forex traders in the long run.

Lack of consistency in trading and trying to make quick profits quickly without taking the techniques into account can lead to losses.

I’M READING DONALD TRUMP’S REAL ESTATE 101 and in it I read something that became the foundation to the start of my trading career: One of his entrepreneurial principles he strongly mentions is THIS “ALWAYS EDUCATE YOURSELF FULLY, KNOW THE INS AND OUTS OF THE BUSINESS YOU’RE ABOUT TO VENTURE INTO LIKE THE BACK OF YOUR HAND. FULLY IMMERSE YOURSELF IN EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW, BECOME AN EXPERT, THEN YOU JUMP! " I’LL tell y’all what this looks like for me (newbies pay attention at I am a newbie myself in this but I know what I’m doing):A GREAT man(Bruce Lee once said " The successful warrior{man} is but the AVERAGE man, WITH LASER LIKE focus.” I am the type to start many different projects and don’t seem to finish any. I’m at a point in my life where I’ve got nothing to lose, I’m going big or going home. So I decided I’m going to do this forex thing 110%. Just 2 weeks in, I joined d baby pops website, I forwarded all these discussions about Ford straight to my email inbox, instead of watching funny cat videos I force myself to watch videos about forex, I enrolled in school of pipsology(I’ll be the first in my bloodline to graduate), LOL. also I read as much of these forum discussions as I can. Also am thinking about taking up economics class on my spare time in community college. My point is, you can’t half arse this. You are playing with money, if you are not disciplined enough to do things like I’m doing, you are not going to be the 1% .I AM DETERMINED TO BE. ALSO, WHERE ELSE CAN YOU PRACTICE WITH DEMO ACCOUNTS! ! !

2 Likes

@IE_Millionaire760 You might find this book interesting: ‘One Good Trade’
By Mike Bellafiore. Talks about trader requirements and trader commitment to the business within a big prop firm, SMB Capital (the real propriety firms, not the lookalikes)

1 Like

That’s what it takes! Commitment! And less cat videos. I mean, moderation. :rofl:

Good for you!

Why 99% of Retail Day Traders Lose?

It’s because of those freaking 1% working they’re ass off to get it, while others are all over the place looking for something to get there.

They lose because they want to earn millions from their small deposits :)). Such traders have absolutely no control over risks and their emotions, or rather, they trade only according to their emotions. They want a lot and quickly, without any experience or knowledge. That’s why they end up losing all their money.

This is why counter-trend trading appeals so much to me.

So just do the exact opposite of everything you think you should do. You have a 99% chance of success.

Since for us to make money in this game other people have to lose money, those 99% loseing are providing a gold mine for us.

Of course, I know it’s not as easy as all that. Still have to learn when to enter and where to put a stop loss and where to take profit.

1 Like

There’s always a catch! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :smiley:

1 Like