WHY a Forex Dealer/Market Maker?

Thanks for all the responses Jason. I appreciate it.

I have been trading with UWCFX and they have $0.10 per pip in the Lite Forex accounts. I believe that anything less than 10 cents per pip is not Forex trading at all :slight_smile:

Hi Brolin,

It’s my pleasure :slight_smile:
I’m sure there are others who had the same questions and are also glad you asked.

Jason

Hmm…im guessing your joking right about anything less than the $0.10 per pip

Try telling a complete newbie who opens there first account for $100.00 that risking $0.10 over a 35pip stop, (which is $3.50 or 3.5% risk) is acceptable lol. They should be risking less than $0.05 per pip, more like $0.02

I’m kinda iffy about Oanda, they use 00:00 EST/EDT as their daily candle close. So this means 2 things:

1. You will have 6 daily candles in one week. From what I understand, the “pros” have 5 daily candles per week since they consider the London open (in the US on Sunday 17:00 EST) as part of the Monday candle.

2. Having 6 bars and a different close/open will effectively make all your candlesticks look out of whack when compared to what the majority is using.

I’m currently using Oanda’s practice account and desperately searching for a new broker that uses NY 17:00 close. If anyone has suggestions, I’m all ears. Oh, I’m a US resident, so I think that narrows my options considerably.

Thank you very much,
Rainmonkey