Why do almost all Forex traders fail

What makes traders not reverse their positions? Is it disbelief? Don’t they believe what they see? Is it because their indicators or method said the price was going to go one way and they believe their indicators or method instead of what their eyes see?

Why don’t they place the trade in a demo account first to see if works out and then if it does, place the trade in a funded account? Is their trade only worth a few pips rather than dozens of pips?

Very well put.

yesmuch nie comment, good post :wink:

What did you post somewhere else…? Another 2 years until you are ready…? Looks more like 10 to me…minimum…perhaps …never.

hahahah CAS who wrote that >?

I really like the quote you shared. I am going to pass it along to all of my friends also trading in the forex market.

Thanks! :o

Thanks as usual for your vote of confidence Cas…:wink:

Because they overstepped the psychological tolerance level.

Is it disbelief?

They are out of their depth.

Don’t they believe what they see?

Fear…it’s all what they see.

Is it because their indicators or method said the price was going to go one way and they believe their indicators or method instead of what their eyes see?

That’s headspace bending. It has no meaning except sowing the seed of confusion.

Why don’t they place the trade in a demo account first to see if works out and then if it does, place the trade in a funded account?

That’s headspace bending, too. Meaningless.

Is their trade only worth a few pips rather than dozens of pips?

That’s even worse. Fluff.

What is the correct education? And where do you find it?

(consider this is an attempt to seek it out since you obviously know.)

You know…you’ll never get a straight answer…lol

;):rolleyes:

Sweet Pip - he has given him a straight answer.

So straight in fact you couldn’t possibly ask for more.

He even told him what to do and how to go about it…and pointed out the danger of tripwires on the way.

What more can he ask for…? :slight_smile:

Ok…if you say so…lol

Now where’s my Claritin free :smiley:

…if you expect a manual…or pre-chewed answers…won’t happen. You have to [B]look[/B] for “correct education”…it doesn’t come to you.

Now where’s my Claritin free :smiley:

:D:D

Cool!

Some things are global huh. In Sweden it’s called Clarityn :smiley:

Thanks…there’s a lot to be said for clarity. :wink:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t cas spell her name with only one s?

If you feel you’re in receipt of some heavy duty advice from cas & RCarter & it’s working out for you, then you won’t really be requiring any directional pointers from me or anyone else.

If it aint broke, it don’t need fixing.

You are right , sometimes my typing is terrible. My appologies CAS for the extra S

and Yes it is working out for me thanks :smiley:
Just thought you might have something more to add, I am always looking to learn more…

Maybe I do & maybe I don’t. But that aint the point.

Thing is, if you’re cutting out a groove all tooled up with some kind of model that you’re comfortable with, & confident operating in a particular market environment, then my advice, for what it’s worth, would be to hang onto it like your life depended on it.
If there’s room to refine it & smooth it out a little, then continue working it.

Why would you want to go & potentially compromise or complicate it by taking onboard someone else’s input?

Isn’t that yet another reason most of these rookies end up out of their depth & flailing around in shark infested waters?
They’re overloading their circuit boards before they get off 1st base.

Their heads are so full of information from this fella & that fella, they don’t know if they’re eating breakfast or dinner.

If you got some kind of plan then you’re laying down a little structure.
That tells me you’ve at least got a basic handle on discipline. If it’s working & you can drill it down to the point you’re finding some kind of unique edge (for you) to work with, then I’d hazard a guess your nose is in front of most of the rookies out there.

You got to own it mister. If you own it & it’s returning dollars alongside a decent risk template then it’ll take a brave man to try prize it out of your grasp, & so it should.

Thats some of the best advice I’ve heard. I’m the kind who likes to learn and absorb as much as possible but I do my best to stay focused on what’s working!

Excellent points sir! You’ve hit the nail on the head.

Yes!!

Something I posted on my thread some time ago - don’t be a system gypsy!! :wink: :wink: