Why do most traders make different entries for the same pairs?

Most traders I know enter trades with the same lot size and the same pair, for example, eurusd - 0.10 lot - 10 entries, why? Why no they just enter 1 lot which is 10$ per pop, the profit or loss will still be the same thing. Please explain, I’m curious

Its called scaling in.
You start with a relatively small amount, something that fits your money management and won’t blow your account if it goes against you, then scale in as you move into (and secure) profit

It can also be so they can “scale out” - I typically enter two trades at once. - close one when my R:R = 1:2 on the one bet, which covers my SL for both trades, then leave the other to run for a while. I do not adjust my SL to “Break even” as many do, just let the original stand because I am already guaranteed Breakeven.

I know many traders do this in 1/3rds rather than 1/2s and I can see the merit in that too - 10 x I suppose would give greater flexibility to respond to price action whatever it does - like scaling out of losing bets, with the intention of re-entering at a better price without booking the whole loss.

Do most traders do this? Are they sure they know what they’re doing?

1 Like

OK that makes sense :ok_hand:

it seems when you are moving to safe profit and in more than positions this thing is very impressing. traders try to find more profit in less time so they try to open more positions at profitable side if this thing is going right they are good in trade management as well as risk management because more positions had more risks

Because traders are different in their trading needs, What a new baby may require from a currency pair does not essentially match to the trading requirements of a successful traders. So, we judge the entry price divergence between two traders let alone among all.

Every trade has his own strategy. But the common reason for doing this is they do not have any plan of their trading. Because of impulsive decision they do so. You can add more entries when you are trading for long term and the trade is in profit. This is the smart way.