Why do traders Fail?

I think a lot of newbie traders fail because they get lucky with scalping when they begin, they leverage to much and when one trade goes sour they lose all their capital due to the leverage. What new traders need to do is spend time on demo accounts and develop trading strategies that work for them, through trial and error on demo accounts. The next step is to set up a micro account with a reputable trader and AVOID using leverage until they have acclimatized to the emotional pressures of live trading.
This article might be useful for new traders
How to position your trades a practical guide. ā€“ forexforceblog

Scalping is certainly the most favorable trading pattern for most of the emotional traders and not all can win over this trading strategy and there are thus more chances of losing their hard earned money to the forex marker. We need to plan and then trade to succeed.

Trader fail usually because of the same reasons. Most people donā€™t threat trading as a profession, and when you donā€™t threat something as a profession you simply cannot be a professional. In addition to what you mentioned about being emotional, and the lack of education, many traders can fail by choosing a wrong broker or due to a lack of proper money management system. You can have be self disciplined, have a winning strategy to enter or exit the market, and have the best broker. But if you donā€™t have the basic understanding of how to apply a good money management system you will lose for sure. And this is in my experience the most common reason for traderā€™s failure.

Or closing too late, for that matter. The amount of times Iā€™ve been at a profit and I decided to wait for more because I was too greedy, only for the price to retrace, I shudder just thinking about it. :frowning:

95% Not thinking enough , and think same like others

The fact is very clear that many traders do not know which is the right way to do their trading and this is also a reason why they will fail :frowning:

While market knowledge is the critical aspect in the forex trading business, traders should learn the account management to survive in the forex market.

It is a fact that traders are not doing their trading with good knowledge and the results is that the income they are getting in their trades is not stable at all :slight_smile:

That is correct. But the real problem is that most of them do get a knowledge, only not the one they really need. Spending too much time searching for the perfect entry and exit signals. HUGE mistake!

I donā€™t think itā€™s better to open trades just for the sake of it. A trader needs to have patience.

Indeed.Without any patience no one can be able to make profit.Impatience and indiscipline is usually the results of many losses.

OKAY, here is an exact post from my blog.

[B][U]ā€œRanging Crazy Market TIPā€[/U][/B]

Being active in trading does not mean playing every poker hand the market deals.

It is simply naive to play weak hands or too unpredictable market ranging periods. Playing during these crazy market times will surely become a losing battle.

Stay on side line and wait for better hands or high probability entrances instead.

For example:

Letā€™s say one plays every hand and win 50% off the time because one is playing by luck. To make money, oneā€™s winnings need to be more than oneā€™s losses, meaning rewards must be greater than risks. But there is no law that will align your wins with the best risk reward. Therefore, playing by luck is a no-no.

Yes, the market is basically a poker game. That is why it is a skill game and not a luck game.

Take time to learn the game. Play happy and best wish for all successes.

Many beginners just want to start making profits from the first day without acquiring the basic knowledge.Also they canā€™t control their greedy and emotion.Patience and Practice!!!

Their are many such types of traders who are unable to earn money from their trading and the reason may be different for each trader but we have to know and understand what is the main reason for it.

To be really good at anything from Music to Martial Arts to Poker even Forex. The need to practice and find 10 more winning combination that above 75% than trade them for 10,000 times or more. Prefect practice makes for any winning plan. The knowledge of the indicator is more important the which one. The consistency of a plan is only good when it becomes a 75% winner, comfortable, understood, and repeatable. Newbie need time to find what this is for them. How to use a stop loss is like a glove use the type that fits your plan and understand it. The same with over trading, this has to do with how you trade if you have no plan to trade during a range of 25 to 50 pips then do not trade during this time. If you trade only in times of 100 to 500 pips range that is in your plan and discipline. If you have a plan to trade in both or any range spreed than trade any time following different rules for each set of variables. My favorite stop loss type is manually stop when the pips are in the money area.

You have said a lot of information in a summary which is why we have to look for such good tips in the forum :slight_smile:

I feel exactly like this. Learning and trading since January 2016 and I am still losing. Starting to feel desperate and losing hope to become a successful trader.

Jacek, has you situation improved since September 2013?

How do others make any money?

When you officially have found that 100 % system then you never fail

I do not think that we can find a Forex trading system that is 100% correct because it may do so in theory but in the real market trading conditions it just does not work :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=ā€œJohn Sanders;772600ā€] I do not think that we can find a Forex trading system that is 100% correct because it may do so in theory but in the real market trading conditions it just does not work :)[/QUOTE]
Because is you think