Why is Forex trading so HARD?

Yes, the CMF is used as a guide and NOT a priority indicator. Volume is definitely a grey area in FX for me? Most traders hold an incorrect perception of volume being that, they assume volumes “drive” price, when in fact, it STOPS price! “Volume” is HIGH when transactions increase i.e, bulls and bears collide and indecision then occurs. Just look at volume levels at consolidation and reversal areas. It is generally high. If you’re a trend trader, you should be looking for low to average volumes. Trust me, it works. Good luck :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Its actually the underlying supply and demand ratio, large traders overwhelming the counter trend commercial volume. International commerce drives price

Ok cool, your comments support what I’ve seen and you’ve explained it more dynamically. It’s changed the way I trade thankfully and this behaviour is loosely based on the Wyckoff theory. Think I’ve spelt that right?

Nothing comes easy. Making money in forex is only possible with the right knowledge.

No, forex trading is not hard at all. Although, it may look hard in the beginning, due to numerous concepts that you are introduced to. You can always take a pause to educate yourself before running the forex marathon and opt for an informative course on websites like Udemy and Coursera etc.

That’s a really interesting take. I have noticed high volume on dojis that say the same thing but I recently downloaded the hourly OHLC & tick volume data for 2021 and ran some numbers. On average I found increased tick volume usually drove prices higher on average. Findings are below:

The post just above that has some caveats like data possibly not representative of total volume traded & DST.

1 Like

Much time is required to understand forex trading. Proficiency in technical and fundamental analysis is essential because these analysis help in catching the actual trend of the market. Without fundamental analysis, a trader can’t forecast the future direction of the market.

Yea it kinda looks easy on big view, but really it takes lot of inside to understand how forex work.

Nice one. I’ll take a close look at this. Have you tested this principal on 4 hourly and daily charts, which is where I focus? Cheers

I haven’t. I assumed it’d be the same with the higher time frames but I can see why the same logic won’t apply on the HTFs. That’s worth knowing for me in the long run too.

Will look into it on the downtime and link the findings on this thread when I do. Won’t happen immediately because downloading and arranging the data takes some time.

Small correction to earlier note:

not necessarliy higher but moved prices the most. The line graphs show the relative movement of price (higher or lower), so it moves lower at increased tick volume in a downtrend

Forex is not so hard rather we make it hard by trading innumerable number of trades. We have to be cautious about trading because trading wants disciple but we break it. Our trading is not perfect majority of the cases. We frequently go beyond our strategy because of our high greed.

Forex is the largest currency trading market in the world where 4 trillion dollars are transacted a day. The market moves depending on global financial incidents. Even though maximum traders take shelter of technical analysis to capture the market trend, fundamental analysis can provide the perfect view of the market.

1 Like

Forex trading is not hard at all. All you need to do is work hard and learn about the financial tools and technical and fundamental concepts of the market so that you are able to spot the right opportunities on time and slowly generate profits.

1 Like

One of the primary reasons why trading is difficult is because of its volatility. There are many external factors that influence the price movements.These factors include both global and national events such as wars, climate change, geopolitics,and other social and economic events, which make it harder to predict the future price movements.

1 Like

Forex trading is difficult because it involves complex concepts and the market movement is difficult to predict. You will be in a better position if you learn and gain knowledge before entering the market with real-funds. Don’t go into the market with the intention of only making profit. First and foremost, concentrate on your performance and thoroughly comprehend everything. To become a profitable trader, build your account gradually and stick to your trading plan.

1 Like

In order to consciously earn in the forex market one should have a massive amount of information and accumulate knowledge on related topics.

In fact not just a lot, but continuous learning is what is required to go far in the market, we cannot rely on the little knowledge we have or what we have heard from others. We need to update ourselves regularly and continue to practice every now and then.

It is not like stock investing, options, commodities, or even crypto, global currencies have a myriad of micro and macro factors involved.
95% of long term traders are not profitable when you factor in 4+ consecutive years.

Forex trading is hard because it is the most liquid market and it is quite challenging to predict the market movements. Also, most traders do not have enough fundamental and technical analysis knowledge.

I think that the market is just the way it is; there is nothing hard or easy about forex. Everything will become easy gradually if you remain disciplined and learn from the outcomes.