Why is Forex trading so HARD?

Forex trading is considered to be hard due to the following reasons:

1. High volatility and unpredictability.
  2. Due to the increased number of scams which leave the traders in a dilemma of whom to trust.
  3. Traders have misconceptions about forex trading. They believe it is the easiest way of making money and no learning is required which leads to losing the trades and makes forex trading hard for them.

I believe that forex trading seems hard for those who have insufficient knowledge and place trades without observing the market.

There’s a lot to learn to try and understand the markets

FX trading is massively difficult but NOT impossible. After approx 14 months, I’m at break even level. I simplified my approach, reduced my leverage from 500/1 to 30/1 and focused on less pairs (twelve now). I use indicators and influential chart patterns and that is starting to work for me. Mental weakness IS my weakness but has improved thankfully. If you want an indicator to build around then I would strongly suggest you start with the 7 and 20 SMA, whichever timeframe you use! It’s a good baseline but poor exit indicator! I use it with the CMF, SSE and AROON on personalised settings and the RVI for exits. Good luck all!

1 Like

Forex is not tough, it is extremely volatile. Those who know how to hold the backbone of technical analysis, will easily understand when to enter and exit. and never make the charts complicated by numerous indicators. use one 2 or 3 and analyse carefully. There are traders who trade solely on the basis of SnR levels and making good returns. So, understand the market properly and for 2 to 3 months just stick to the one pair, study it and play with it. This way learning works in trading.

What’s the SSE? When I googled it I got the Shanghai Stock Exchange :laughing:

What made you settle on this combination of indicators? Asking cause you’re the first person I’ve come across using this combo. Hope you don’t mind me asking. Just very curious.

SSE? Maybe my attention to detail is holding me back?:laughing: Should have been QQE, sorry.

I like the fact that my set up is quite unique although far from perfect. Still toying with the “volume” aspect but the CMF is providing the best supporting signals for my combo. The 7 & 20 SMA crossovers and the QQE are my trigger and the “potential” with these two is good. FYI, i use the 4hr charts predominantly but I’m working on a 1 hr exit method but I need a little more flexibility

Trading actually look easy on paper, but it is just a matter of how you are able to handle it with discipline, strategy, patience and many more.

1 Like

Much thanks for the reply. TBH, I haven’t used those indicators. First time hearing of the QQE so I’ll be reading up on it. Chaikan I think I outright dismissed it when I read it took volume to consideration. If you’re finding it useful maybe I was too quick to dismiss it.

Always cool to see other people taking different approaches! :grinning:

Because there is nothing like copy/paste formula in Forex! You can’t rely on any specific pattern or system! Being a consistent player is the real challenge here!

1 Like

Its difficult like any elite sport. Boxing is hard too, boxers have coaches just saying.

There are many things that make forex trading challenging. First of all, it is a very dynamic market that gets influenced by many global events like trade, geopolitics, the world economy, and other socio-economic events. Understanding those events and how they influence currency price movements are important to become profitable trading, which depends on how much you practise and trade in multiple market scenarios. Apart from this, learning forex is a laborious process and there is a lot of physiological pressure related to it. So not many commit to the proces.

To be honest, there is no way to spot the Forex trading profession as an easy source of income! In reality, Forex is so much difficult if you try to earn money here with a low trading skill; Forex is all about knowledge; you need a proper game plan according to your knowledge!

An undercapitalized account is not a thing. Maybe an underdeveloped system. Lets say your initial goal is a thousand bucks…

With 500:1 leverage you can start with $1 and make 102,000% the first 2-4weeks. Thats about 100% every 1-2days.
$1020 ÷ $1 = 1020
1020 x $1 = $1020

With 50:1 leverage you can start with $600 and make 170% the first 2-4weeks. Thats about 10% every 1-2days.
$1020 ÷ $600 = 1.7
1.7 x $600 = $1020

We were forced to use a 600 times larger investment(life) due to a ten times lower leverage. Leverage changes the profit percentage directly so ten times lower leverage equals ten times lower profit percentage. But its effect on compounding is exponential, hence the contrasting balances.

As you can see, going offshore dramatically accelerates growth, and the US waives taxes on forex profits if youre already paying them in another country. In the US its a flat 20% tax but even if the other country wants 30%, its still well worth it.

If your current system does not yield 100% a day offshore and 10% a day in the US, then just do this workup with whatever your system’s daily yield is. An increase of 1loss in your max loss count instantly cuts your profits in half, by the same token shaving 1 maxloss instantly doubles your potential. Your daily yield is directly linked to how you do in a worst case scenario.

As for the target I’ll leave you with this clue. I once wanted to know what the smallest number of passes of my deodorant i could get away with, without losing efficacy. I started with 2 and noticed that it wasnt enough, then 4, still no good, then 6 a little better, then 8 much better, then i didnt notice a difference with counts higher than 8, so i would be wasting the product(leaving money on the table). I approached target selection a similar way. I just asked what is it that i want and can i get away with it, if not what can i settle for. In this example you can tie my desire for the least number of passes to a target related desire.

Sharing some details that escaped me for years. Ya welcome

I enjoy mentoring in exchange for loyalty, although few are serious

Yes, the CMF is used as a guide and NOT a priority indicator. Volume is definitely a grey area in FX for me? Most traders hold an incorrect perception of volume being that, they assume volumes “drive” price, when in fact, it STOPS price! “Volume” is HIGH when transactions increase i.e, bulls and bears collide and indecision then occurs. Just look at volume levels at consolidation and reversal areas. It is generally high. If you’re a trend trader, you should be looking for low to average volumes. Trust me, it works. Good luck :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Its actually the underlying supply and demand ratio, large traders overwhelming the counter trend commercial volume. International commerce drives price

Ok cool, your comments support what I’ve seen and you’ve explained it more dynamically. It’s changed the way I trade thankfully and this behaviour is loosely based on the Wyckoff theory. Think I’ve spelt that right?

Nothing comes easy. Making money in forex is only possible with the right knowledge.