Why is my buy trade still in the negative

Right I selected CHF/JPY.
Sell was 110.830 buy was 110.865
Spread was 35
Watching the live market the marker was moving up and down, it moved upto 110.881 I was at +0.02p

I was 16 pips higher that what I brought it at before I made a profit.

Why is it that even when the market is higher than what I brought it for I am still at a loss untill it goes about 15-20 pips above what I brought it for.

Below should open up a screen shot

First off, a quoted spread of 110.830-110.865 on CHF/JPY is not 35 pips, its 3.5 pips.

One pip on a JPY pair is always the 2nd decimal place. Its the 4th decimal place on all other pairs crossing the major currencies.

Why did it say 35 then and even if it did say 3.5 it still was in the minus until it was 16 pips above what I got it for instead of increasing as soon as it went above

Its because of the spread. You have to pay it first so your position always starts in a -ve position until the trade moves into profit above it. So when you bought your trade was opened at the bid. Itll be worth doing the babypips course first and practising on a demo.

Yeah I think some platforms do that. But its 3.5 pips or maybe you can say 35 points. It depends which decimal point they use.

Yeah doing that course now as it’s alot easier to understand. Doing the demos but they completely froze in me so tried that one in my husband’s account to see if I have figured it out and it just went all weird. Well I say weird I just can’t understand . The other thing I can’t understand is I’m doing a demo now I brought it at 1.08965 but then I went onto the chart and it say current rate 1.08955 ? And to confuse me more there bars never came anywhere even close to 1.08965 so I was always at a huge loss

That’s confusing as some said 1.9 or 19.0 12.0 3.6 and then like that one 35

You’re on M10 charts. This is way too tight unless you’re an expert. Start with at least 4H, daily if you can.

Depends on the spread. So for eg the candle may get to 90 but the spread is 80-100. Therefore itll tag me in long at the ask price (100) when the candle gets to 90. Seems like it never got there but he spread got me in.

Yep. Just learn it, understand it and move on. Like explained its 3.5 pips but on your platform it may say 35 pips.

What is m10 and 4h daily. Currently using the forex . Com demo account

I mean use 4-hour (or preferably 1-day or daily) time-frame charts while you’re learning the game.

M10 is 10 minute chart and and 4H is 4 hourly chart. these are time frames of the chart.