Why is no one talking about Syria?

This is an honest question. :cry: Huhuhu. :broken_heart:

I’ve been seeing horrible and devastating photos and videos on Facebook. :cry: :cry: (I know, it’s not the best place to know more about current events.) So I’ve also looked into the different news sites and found some articles that talk about the war and all the violence going on in Syria. :cry:

It breaks my heart to know that there are these civilians in the middle of all this chaos, no food, no water, just bombs and explosions. :cry: AND TO THINK IT’S BEEN YEARS since this started! Huhuhuhu. :cry:

Do you guys know what the other countries are doing about this? I’m still trying to look into the issue but I definitely definitely would appreciate it if you guys could share some insights and information about these. :cry:

Events in Syria are horrendous. Looks like about 4 wars raging simultaneously in different parts of the country.

And there’s little way of seeing it ending with a lasting peace.

Once the fighting has ended, even then, we’ll maybe never know if the uprising was worth it.

If we trusted our governments in the west, we might say they’d done a good job of almost toppling Assad, but still really weakening his regime and armed forces, of drawing Russia away from eastern Europe, of distracting Iran, of letting other people fight IS for us, of polarising various Arab nations, etc. etc. etc.

Will it be worth it?

If these interventions would lead to lives being saved, then I think they would be. :cry: But it seems to have become a lost cause, buried under own agenda.

At this point, I’ve accepted that the wars in Syria are gonna continue indefinitely. :cry: But, couldn’t something be done about the civilians trapped and trying to survive within these inhumane conditions? Huhuhu. It’s so frustrating that all the interventions I’ve read about so far, and even the ones you’ve mentioned, have been focused on arming and providing military assistance to the parties at war, but not a lot in the aspect of rescue. :frowning: :frowning:

I really only brought it up because I was wondering why this doesn’t seem to be something the world cares about??? HUHU WHYYYYY Huhuhu i really just wanna know. :confounded:

P.S. Thank you for answering btw! Huhu. :frowning: I was hesitant to ask this huhu.

Well all credit to you ria_rose, its a horrifying situation, we are involved, and the civilians trapped are not getting the help they need.

I think the major and minor powers involved have got other agendas than saving the civilians under bombardment.

the politicians seem to have no heart

Hi Rupert - I suspect the truth could be very hard. It might just be that our politicians are not going to get greatly involved because they believe if the Syrians aren’t fighting each other and the Kurds and IS and the Turks, they could be causing even more trouble for us somewhere else.

The poor civilians as ever take the worst of it.

The fact is noone really wants to hear bad news. There’s very little information about Syria in TV, whereas in the internet you can find a large number of interesting facts of what is happening there.

That’s not the whole picture is it though? Actually, bad news is the best type of news for the media to try to push - but it has to be NEW bad news. This grabs attention and brings people who would otherwise be looking at a competing media channel.

But the news from Syria is the same bad news repeated again and again as this has gone on for so long. Tragically, news of the same awful things happening doesn’t sell.

I’m not a pacifist. Consequently, I tend to enrage those who are.

Having opened with that disclaimer, let me express my opinion on the Syrian situation:

It’s long past time to cut the head (Assad) off the Syrian snake (the Assad regime).

Many hoped the Syrian uprising would depose him pretty quickly. And good riddance. But that hasn’t happened, despite foreign and IS interventions. On top of that, Russia has grabbed the chance to strengthen its position in the Middle East and eastern Mediterranean.

If the war ends today, Syria may well have shrunken borders but Assad’s position will be more secure.

Lets just tell the ugly truth, unfortunately no one cares about the ordinary Syrian civilians. Governments have their own agenda and are strictly following it. Someone has a great deal of interest in the destabilization of the East. Syria is not the first country and definitely will not be the last…

I thought stuff like this stopped happening after countries agreed there would be no more World Wars. :cry: :cry: This pretty much is one, with different nations involved but ultimately one country suffering. :frowning: :cry: It seems to me like people have just found new ways to justify this violence and chaos, and of course, new names to what’s happening. :confounded:

Admittedly, I was also trying to stop thinking about it. :disappointed: I TRIED because I knew that it was just gonna make me upset and that there’s nothing I could do, really. :frowning: :frowning: But then I saw this video on FB so I just had to look it up again.

Governments care about their own people. Other country’s people are down the list though we all know a lot of humanitarian help is going into Syria. But I’d hate to see NATO troops there in force.

A stable, united and militarily strong Syria under Assad would have only benefitted Assad and the terror groups he sponsors. The Syrian civilians are caught in the cross-fire.

A very brave lady and I salute her for doing that.

Dead children are piled in the back of a truck after Syria air strike

I saw that on my newsfeed. I didn’t include the link because it’s just too horrible and heartbreaking to see. Those poor babies are being murdered as the world watches. I wish we could have do something to protect them.

My heart is crying. Fly high little angels. :cry::cry: