Why not? Here I am (USA)

Hey everyone-

I thought I knew a thing or two about trading. Then I actually started studying it.

I don’t know what I am doing.

I guess this is a good place to start, I’ve given the education courses a solid read and just “graduated” elementary school. I have an a doctorate in another field. There is still a long way to go.

A few months ago I jumped into the equities markets. Just started purchases stocks and ETFs that “felt right”. It was as simplistic as “oh, I know that company, they make money. If I buy their stock so will I.” Again, I have a doctorate. After reviewing very basic financial and technical data I have never felt so stupid in my life.

Thankfully, I have resisted the urge to just start trading forex markets. Perhaps understanding the fundamentals of a Bollinger Band is useful before hitting that tempting buy/sell long/short button. I’ve written out Fibonacci so many times in my notes that I am confident enough to spell it correctly (Fibbanoci is how I spelled in my trading platform)

I guess that’s where I am. I can spell Fibonacci correctly, but I’ll keep it mispelled in my trading platform to remind myself there is always room for improvement. Don’t hold me to spelling ichimoku yet, it’s still listed as Ichirio in my trading platform.

Thanks for reading. I’ll see you around.

-Ibiban

Hi and good luck :slight_smile: Regards Greg

1 Like

Welcome to the community, Ibiban. I think trading is a nonstop learning process. Looking forward to hearing more from you. See you around.

1 Like